[gdal-dev] ubuntu_1804

Alan Stewart-2

The raw log for the ubuntu_1804 Travis job (specifically #15454.1) seems to indicate that the OS is Ubuntu 14.04 . From the build name I assumed it would be Ubuntu 18.04?

Alan Stewart

Senior Software Engineer

TerraGo Technologies

3200 Windy Hill Road, Suite 1550W

Atlanta, GA 30339 USA

O.  +1 678.391.9615

Re: ubuntu_1804

Craig de Stigter-2
I didnt write it but I had to fiddle with the build scripts quite a bit for the  pytest refactor. Travis only supports Trusty (recently added Xenial, though I don't think GDAL is using that yet either.)

The ubuntu_1804 job builds an entire Ubuntu 18.04 install in a chroot (using debootstrap) inside the travis Trusty environment. It's not terribly elegant but gets the job done. So the kernel is the travis trusty kernel but the userland is ubuntu 18.04.

Hope that clarifies things.

Craig de Stigter

www.terragotech.com