[gdal-dev] parallel running gdal_retile

niconysus

Hello,

Firstly, thank you to all of you who work on the briliiant GDAL.

I am using gdal_retile to create a pyramid layer for geoserver.

There are over 10000 images of 5000 by 5000 pixels.

So a single list will take a while to process.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on parallelising this in some way.

I was thinking that it would be nice if you could create multiple pyramids then merge them somehow.

Is this possible?

Would you use gdaltindex?

Regards

Nick

Registered Office: 7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HY. Registered Number 2892803 Registered in England and Wales. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Landmark Information Group Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.