[gdal-dev] ogrInfo error - Entry Point Not Found

[gdal-dev] ogrInfo error - Entry Point Not Found

john.polo
Hi,

I am attempting to use ogrInfo to get information about a geodatabase. I
am using Windows 7 64bit. I have GDAL  installed with QGIS. The QGIS is
2.18.3, but I can't find how to tell the version of GDAL that's
installed. I don't know much about working with a lot of the OSGeo4W64
software, especially when it comes to software libraries, please bear
with me if I do not provide the necessary information.

I looked up how to read the geodatabase with PostgreSQL. It seems I need
to first use ogrInfo to read what's in the geodatabase and then maybe
get PostGIS involved. This will probably lead to another question on
another list. :) Anyway, on the Windows command prompt, I used

ogrInfo C:\directories\geodatabase.gdb

and I get this error:

"ogrinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods could not be
located in the dynamic link library SSLEAY32.dll

"

When I searched for "SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods", several of the
results included references to OpenSSL. Like this one:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/SSL_COMP_add_compression_method.html

I am unsure if the problem exists in OpenSSL or in GDAL/ogrInfo. I would
appreciate someone explaining how I can address the problem so that I
can use ogrInfo.

John

Re: ogrInfo error - Entry Point Not Found

Andre Joost
Am 29.01.18 um 01:04 schrieb john polo:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to use ogrInfo to get information about a geodatabase. I
> am using Windows 7 64bit. I have GDAL  installed with QGIS. The QGIS is
> 2.18.3, but I can't find how to tell the version of GDAL that's
> installed. I don't know much about working with a lot of the OSGeo4W64
> software, especially when it comes to software libraries, please bear
> with me if I do not provide the necessary information.
>
> I looked up how to read the geodatabase with PostgreSQL. It seems I need
> to first use ogrInfo to read what's in the geodatabase and then maybe
> get PostGIS involved. This will probably lead to another question on
> another list. :) Anyway, on the Windows command prompt, I used
>
> ogrInfo C:\directories\geodatabase.gdb
>
> and I get this error:
>
> "ogrinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry point SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods could not be
> located in the dynamic link library SSLEAY32.dll

Most probably you have an outdated version of SSLEAY32.dll, or different
versions in different places.

HTH,
Andre Joost

Re: ogrInfo error - Entry Point Not Found

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi John,

I see this quite often with MS4W installations.  For testing, you might
want to temporarily rename your C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/ folder to
something like PostgreSQL-test and then open a new Command Prompt window
and re-run:   ogrinfo

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 1/29/2018 6:39 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I see this quite often with MS4W installations.  For testing, you
> might want to temporarily rename your C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/
> folder to something like PostgreSQL-test and then open a new Command
> Prompt window and re-run:   ogrinfo
>

> -jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for suggestion. I did as you instructed and then Windows just
complained that ogrInfo is not a recognized command, program, or batch
file.

Andre Joost suggests that I have multiple versions of SSLEAY32.dll and I
searched to confirm this and it seems I do. Several applications on my
computer have this library and the instances have different sizes.

I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to deal with the problem, but my
solution was to use ogrInfo like this:

[on Windows command prompt]

C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\ogrInfo D:\<directory>\geodatabase.gdb

and I get back some results. Thank you, Jeff and Andre, for the replies.

--
Enlightenment is ego's ultimate disappointment.
-Chogyam Trungpa