[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr from MySQL to FileGDB not working correctly in 2.x

[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr from MySQL to FileGDB not working correctly in 2.x

Thanny
I hope this is the correct place to post about this.

There are several use cases I have for moving data into MySQL for
processing, then exporting back out to ESRI FileGDB, using the ogr2ogr
utility.

Long story short, if I use a GDAL 1.x install, I'm able to export from MySQL
to FileGDB without issue (at least mostly - the PROMOTE_TO_MULTI geometry
type doesn't work, though it previously did).  If I use a GDAL 2.x install,
the export works only for attribute data.  At the beginning of the export,
this error is printed:

ERROR 6: CreateGeomField() not supported by this layer.

I've reproduced this with both polygon and point layers.

As I said, I've used many different distributions, and all have this
problem.  Here's the FileGDB line from "ogrinfo --formats":

  FileGDB -vector- (rw+): ESRI FileGDB

Any ideas on what I can do to narrow down where the problem is?

Re: ogr2ogr from MySQL to FileGDB not working correctly in 2.x

Even Rouault-2

On lundi 18 d├ęcembre 2017 21:26:26 CET Thanny wrote:

> I hope this is the correct place to post about this.

> There are several use cases I have for moving data into MySQL for

> processing, then exporting back out to ESRI FileGDB, using the ogr2ogr

> utility.

> Long story short, if I use a GDAL 1.x install, I'm able to export from MySQL

> to FileGDB without issue (at least mostly - the PROMOTE_TO_MULTI geometry

> type doesn't work, though it previously did). If I use a GDAL 2.x install,

> the export works only for attribute data. At the beginning of the export,

> this error is printed:

> ERROR 6: CreateGeomField() not supported by this layer.

> I've reproduced this with both polygon and point layers.

> As I said, I've used many different distributions, and all have this

> problem. Here's the FileGDB line from "ogrinfo --formats":

> FileGDB -vector- (rw+): ESRI FileGDB

> Any ideas on what I can do to narrow down where the problem is?

Thanny,

I believe this issue has been fixed in GDAL 2.2.3 per

FileGDB driver:

* remove erroneous ODsCCreateGeomFieldAfterCreateLayer capability declaration (https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/247)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com