[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr - double free or corruption (out)

[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr - double free or corruption (out)

Danziger, Robert C.

Ubuntu 18.04 (LTR).

since (apt) upgrade 3-4 days ago every invocation of ‘ogr2org’ (GDAL 3.0.2) generates the following messages:

===============================

“Double free or corruption (out)”

“Aborted (core dumped)”

===============================

Every invocation produces this, regardless whether an attempt to convert posgresql => geojson or a simple ‘ogr2ogr --version’ command.

=> However the command appears to execute correctly (i.e. the postgresql => geojson does get executed as desired but the messages are thrown anyway.)

===============================

Any attempt to apt upgrade shows gdal-bin, gdal-data, libgdal26, python3-gdal as well as qgis and grass packages ‘kept back’.

(Note: I have attempted to “force” an upgrade of these packages but this has not worked and resulted in a situation of having to completely restore the system -- successfully-- from a very recent cold backup.)

===============================

PostgreSQL Server version: 11.7

Best regards

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Re: ogr2ogr - double free or corruption (out)

Andre Joost
Am 16.03.20 um 13:54 schrieb Danziger, Robert C.:
> Ubuntu 18.04 (LTR). since (apt) upgrade 3-4 days ago every invocation
> of 'ogr2org' (GDAL 3.0.2) generates the following messages:
> =============================== "Double free or corruption (out)"
> "Aborted (core dumped)"

I assume you are using GDAL from the ubuntugis PPA.

There, GDAL has been upgraded to 3.0.4 on 2020-03-11.

Try to update. If the error persists, you may downgrade GDAL to the
version 2.2.3 from the main ubuntu repo.

For QGIS, you might have to wait for the next point release to get it
working with GDAL 3.0.4.

HTH,
Andre Joost

Re: ogr2ogr - double free or corruption (out)

jratike80

I wonder if the issue we faced with MapCache is somehow related.
Unfortunately I do not know which versions we are running and if some
libraries have been updated lately.
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2020-March/016114.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: ogr2ogr - double free or corruption (out)

Danziger, Robert C.
Thank you. At this point I have decided to do nothing and will wait to see if a future update will resolve the problem. As I mentioned, despite the error, the calls to ‚ogr2ogr‘ do produce the results I need (GeoJSON outputs from Postgresql) and otherwise seem to have no side effects (except a dump file). Once I move to the next QGIS LTR (I am at 3.4) compatible with the Lizmap plugin I use, we‘ll see what happens.
Best regards.

Téléchargez Outlook pour iOS

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.osgeo.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgdal-dev&amp;data=02%7C01%7Crobert.danziger%40eui.eu%7Ce5f867496b45492b5c6d08d7c9dbe84d%7Cd3f434ee643c409f94aa6db2f23545ce%7C0%7C1%7C637199818640478213&amp;sdata=88uEN%2Fj6uIn2WxO%2BxRP2qN4lUkdgzoLvgnvmmyrvCHI%3D&amp;reserved=0