[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MVT use of CONF parameter

[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MVT use of CONF parameter

Giorgio Ghiggini

Hello,

I am not sure this is the right place to ask my question, apologize in advance if I am wrong.

I am using GDAL 3.0.0, released 2019/05/05 (downloaded here http://www.gisinternals.com/query.html?content=filelist&file=release-1911-x64-gdal-3-0-0-mapserver-7-4-0.zip).

I am trying to create an MVT MBtiles using my own configuration file (here attached).

I then run the following:

ogr2ogr -F MVT test6.mbtiles 8-0.0-55.0.sqlite -dsco CONF=conf.json -dsco FORMAT=MBTILES

but I get this errors:

ERROR 1: JSON parsing error: unexpected character (at offset 0)

ERROR 1: MVT driver failed to create test6.mbtiles

I apologize in advance for my limited knowledge.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards

Giorgio

Giorgio Ghiggini

GEC s.r.l.

Via Monte Matanna 1/C

55049 Viareggio (LU)

Italy

P.Iva: 02412390466

Fatt.Ele.: M5UXCR1

cell.: +39 331 141 9315

email: [hidden email]

skype: ghigio2000

www.gec-it.com

www.globalterramaps.com

www.globalaquamaps.com

conf.json (908 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: ogr2ogr MVT use of CONF parameter

Even Rouault-2
> ogr2ogr -F MVT test6.mbtiles 8-0.0-55.0.sqlite -dsco CONF=conf.json -dsco
> FORMAT=MBTILES

Actually currently, the CONF option only accepts a JSon string, not a
filename.
So currently, you should provide inline, with proper escaping.
Something like that (but not completely sure of escaping rules in windows
shells)

-dsco CONF="{ \"poly\": { \"target_name\": \"mypoly\" } }"

That said, I've just added support for accepting a filename as well (in master
and backported to 3.0 branch), since that is completely reasonable as an
expectation.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: ogr2ogr MVT use of CONF parameter