[gdal-dev] libgeotiff 1.5.0 release candidate

[gdal-dev] libgeotiff 1.5.0 release candidate

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

I've prepared a libgeotiff 1.5.0 release candidate, aka "libgeotiff freed from
CSV files". So download and try:

https://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.5.0RC1.tar.gz
https://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.5.0RC1.zip

If nothing serious is reported, I'll issue a motion next week to MetaCRS for
offcial adoption.

The news are:
* Require PROJ >= 6 dependency
* Remove all CSV files used by geo_normalize API, since libgeotiff now relies
  on PROJ database for EPSG CRS definitions.
* geo_normalize.c: SetGTParmIds(): use ProjStraightVertPoleLongGeoKey for
CT_PolarStereographic
* geo_normalize.c: report StdParallel1 for Mercator_2SP when a PCS code is
used
* geo_normalize.c: fix support for Laborde Oblique Mercator
* listgeo: use PROJ database to display non-hardcoded values of a number of
keys

For info, GDAL 2.4.0 builds against it (after re-adding a few symbols that are
no-op now) and seems to work properly in quick basic manual tests, although
moving the whole stack will require further advances in PROJ 6.0 adoption. The
natural set of compatible versions (and the one actually tested by continuous
integration) will be more GDAL 2.5.0 + libgeotiff 1.5.0 + PROJ 6.0

Best regards,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: libgeotiff 1.5.0 release candidate

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2019-03-13 7:49 PM, Even Rouault wrote:

> The
> natural set of compatible versions (and the one actually tested by continuous
> integration) will be more GDAL 2.5.0 + libgeotiff 1.5.0 + PROJ 6.0

Thank you for explaining the compatible versions.  (and the many great
changes)  -jeff

Re: libgeotiff 1.5.0 release candidate

Greg Troxel-2
Even Rouault <[hidden email]> writes:

[I realize this is now about 1.5.1]

> The news are:
> * Require PROJ >= 6 dependency
> * Remove all CSV files used by geo_normalize API, since libgeotiff now relies
>   on PROJ database for EPSG CRS definitions.
> * geo_normalize.c: SetGTParmIds(): use ProjStraightVertPoleLongGeoKey for
> CT_PolarStereographic
> * geo_normalize.c: report StdParallel1 for Mercator_2SP when a PCS code is
> used
> * geo_normalize.c: fix support for Laborde Oblique Mercator
> * listgeo: use PROJ database to display non-hardcoded values of a number of
> keys

Because this requires proj 6, I can't update pkgsrc (well, I'm not
willing to move pkgsrc to proj 6 yet).   I realize there is only finite
effort, but it would be really nice if everything supported proj 5 and 6
both for a while, to avoid having to synchronize updates.