[gdal-dev] in gdal_contour elevation field not for polygons?

[gdal-dev] in gdal_contour elevation field not for polygons?

Armin Schmidt
In gdal_contour it seems that the "-a" elevation field creation only
works for linestrings, not polygons (-p). Is this intended behaviour?

I would find it more convenient if -a would also work for polygons as I
sometimes switch between the two modes.

I am using 2.4.0

Armin

Dr. Armin Schmidt
GeodataWIZ: Geo Data + Visualisation
  www.GeodataWIZ.com
  www.GeodataWIZ.com/armin-schmidt
Honorary Secretary ISAP
  International Society for Archaeological Prospection
  www.archprospection.org
Honorary Visiting Research Fellow, University of Bradford
  School of Archaeological and Forensic Sciences
Honorary Fellow, Durham University
  Department of Archaeology
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4241-5381

Email: [hidden email]

Available in print:
  Guidelines for the use of Geophysics in Archaeology (2015). Namur: EAC.
  Earth Resistance for Archaeologists (2013). Lanham: AltaMira Press
  Geophysical Data in Archaeology (2013). Oxford: Oxbow Books.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B0034QC4OW

Re: in gdal_contour elevation field not for polygons?

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 1 avril 2019 13:02:12 CEST Armin Schmidt wrote:
> In gdal_contour it seems that the "-a" elevation field creation only
> works for linestrings, not polygons (-p). Is this intended behaviour?

Yes, you need to use -amin and/or -amax in -p mode since the polygons are
valid for a range of altitudes. The doc and code wasn't really clear about
that. I've just improved it.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com