[gdal-dev] how to use gdal to create a xlsx file

[gdal-dev] how to use gdal to create a xlsx file

weskerjiang
I want to use gdal to read a shapefile and write the attributes into a xlsx file,how to use gdal to do that?

Re: how to use gdal to create a xlsx file

Michael Sumner-2
Maybe best to open *a copy of* the .dbf in Excel and save from there?

 R or Python could be used for that too, or do you really need to do this with GDAL (why?).

HTH, Mike

On Thu, 31 May 2018 at 23:22 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to use gdal to read a shapefile and write the attributes into a xlsx file,how to use gdal to do that?

Dr. Michael Sumner
Software and Database Engineer
Australian Antarctic Division
203 Channel Highway
Kingston Tasmania 7050 Australia

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: how to use gdal to create a xlsx file

Doug Newcomb-2
Libreoffice calc will read and write .dbf and can also save to .xlsx.

Doug

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 9:34 AM, Michael Sumner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe best to open *a copy of* the .dbf in Excel and save from there?

 R or Python could be used for that too, or do you really need to do this with GDAL (why?).

HTH, Mike

On Thu, 31 May 2018 at 23:22 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to use gdal to read a shapefile and write the attributes into a xlsx file,how to use gdal to do that?

Dr. Michael Sumner
Software and Database Engineer
Australian Antarctic Division
203 Channel Highway
Kingston Tasmania 7050 Australia

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
551F Pylon Dr
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 [hidden email]

Re: how to use gdal to create a xlsx file

Even Rouault-2
On jeudi 31 mai 2018 21:12:12 CEST [hidden email] wrote:
> I want to use gdal to read a shapefile and write the attributes into a xlsx
> file,how to use gdal to do that?

ogr2ogr -of XLSX output.xlsx input.shp

http://www.spatialys.com