[gdal-dev] gdalwarp resampling_method option

[gdal-dev] gdalwarp resampling_method option

sujankoirala2
Hi there,
I was wondering if it would be possible to get the sum instead of the mean
or (any other regridding method). In our data, in many cases we need to
aggregate mass to coarser resolution. In theory, we can just multiply the
output of average method with number of pixels. But, due to differing size
of valid pixels (non nodata values) in each window, it won't produce an
accurate result.
I would be grateful if anyone can point me to 1) an alternate way to get the
number of valid pixels in each regridding window) or 2) get the sum within
the regridding window or 3) the location in the source where average method
of resampling is implemented so that I can edit the source and build from
scratch.
Thank you.

Re: gdalwarp resampling_method option

Mike Toews-2
Hi,

I requested this feature 2 years ago:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6015

I probably had some workaround in Python, but I can't recall any details.

Cheers,
Mike