[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles -x/--exclude option

[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles -x/--exclude option

Erik Escoffier
Hi there,

I’m trying to use gdal2tiles to produce a raster tileset made of a bunch of geotiffs ‘scattered’ around the world. In that scenario, by default, gdal2tiles will produce a huge amount of unnecessary empty tiles.
I’m probably missing something very obvious, but I can’t seem to be able to use the -x/—exclude option that is mentioned in that merged PR from July 2018:

I’m currently using version 0.1.6 of the gdal2tiles package on pip.
(sorry in advance if overlooking something, I’m very much not familiar with the Python ecosystem)

Thank you :)
Erik