[gdal-dev] gdal library compiled for .NET CORE / UWP (Universal Windows Platform)

[gdal-dev] gdal library compiled for .NET CORE / UWP (Universal Windows Platform)

Fabio Antoci
Hi,

I'm trying to develop an application for UWP with gdal library.
I tried to compile the library to my own but I had a lot of errors due to the .NET_CORE

e.g. HandleRef are not supported as the ApplicationException....

Did anyone already compile the GDAL for UWP or have some experiences doing that?

Thanks,

Best regards

Fabio

Re: gdal library compiled for .NET CORE / UWP (Universal Windows Platform)

Gareth Francis
I haven't used .net core but this should contain the relevant information:

SWIG uses HandleRef to marshal pointers into .Net. Looks like the latest version of .Net core includes these types?

If you can't use a verison of .Net with these types the GDAL SWIG wrappers would need rework to use a different type for pointers (Unless they already have this option, haven't used them personally)