[gdal-dev] compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

[gdal-dev] compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

Andrea Peri
Hi,
I have a trouble with my qgis-server.

I have a debian stretch version 64bit where the libpng is at 1.6.26 version.

When I compile the gdal from source, it use its internal 1.2.56 version and all is ok.

After, when I go to compile the qgis. Its cmake finding system found the system libpng 1.6.26 and the qgis is compile using it.

But after this, when try to use the qgis-server (wms server) and asking the png images.
It go in error .
The log explain me that the
qgis is compiled using the libpng-1.6.26 but is running using the lib-1.2.56 version (of gdal).

I'm not able to say to qgis to compile using the libpng of gdal, so I like to try to say at the gdal to compile not using its internal version, but instead using the 1.6.26 from system.

I'm not sure this is possible to say using the gdal parameter "--with-png" and also I'm not sure the 1.6.26 version is compatible with gdal 2.2.2.

Any experience to compile gdal with libpng 1.6.26 ?

Thx,
Andrea Peri

Re: compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

Even Rouault-2

On lundi 13 novembre 2017 09:00:38 CET Andrea Peri wrote:

> Hi,

> I have a trouble with my qgis-server.

> I have a debian stretch version 64bit where the libpng is at 1.6.26 version.

> When I compile the gdal from source, it use its internal 1.2.56 version and

> all is ok.

> After, when I go to compile the qgis. Its cmake finding system found the

> system libpng 1.6.26 and the qgis is compile using it.

> But after this, when try to use the qgis-server (wms server) and asking the

> png images.

> It go in error .

> The log explain me that the

> qgis is compiled using the libpng-1.6.26 but is running using the

> lib-1.2.56 version (of gdal).

> I'm not able to say to qgis to compile using the libpng of gdal, so I like

> to try to say at the gdal to compile not using its internal version, but

> instead using the 1.6.26 from system.

Andrea,

Yes, you should definitely compile GDAL against system libpng if you plan to use it with other libs/apps that also link against system libpng. Normally the base ./configure of GDAL should fetch your system libpng (unless you explicitly specify --with-png=internal). I've just verified it on Stretch

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

Andrea Peri
Hi Even,

I have resolved with your hints.

Thx for help.