[gdal-dev] Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[gdal-dev] Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

jratike80
Hi,

As an initial step I created a new page about WCS into the developers section of the GDAL wiki
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/WCS%2Binteroperability

I suppose that all who have OSGeo user account can edit the page.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

Ari Jolma-2
Rahkonen Jukka (MML) kirjoitti 10.11.2017 klo 10:44:
> Hi,
>
> As an initial step I created a new page about WCS into the developers section of the GDAL wiki
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/WCS%2Binteroperability

I made a bold attempt to begin describing the fundamentals of coordinate
systems in WCS and how those relate to the fundamentals of coordinate
systems in GDAL.

Ari

>
> I suppose that all who have OSGeo user account can edit the page.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
> _______________________________________________
> gdal-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev

_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

jratike80
Ari Jolma-2 wrote
> I made a bold attempt to begin describing the fundamentals of coordinate
> systems in WCS and how those relate to the fundamentals of coordinate
> systems in GDAL.
>
> Ari

And I have
 
- Materialized my 6 pixel test image into a GeoTIFF image in EPSG:4326 and

- Published it with GeoServer so I could capture the DescribeCoverage
document

I would appreciate help with writing proper Python scripts for creating test
images A and B in different coordinate systems, as well as writing a
GetCoverage request for image B with subsets so that the result is a pixel
perfect copy of image A.




--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html
_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

Ari Jolma-2
jratike80 kirjoitti 13.11.2017 klo 15:39:

> Ari Jolma-2 wrote
>> I made a bold attempt to begin describing the fundamentals of coordinate
>> systems in WCS and how those relate to the fundamentals of coordinate
>> systems in GDAL.
>>
>> Ari
> And I have
>  
> - Materialized my 6 pixel test image into a GeoTIFF image in EPSG:4326 and
>
> - Published it with GeoServer so I could capture the DescribeCoverage
> document
>
> I would appreciate help with writing proper Python scripts for creating test
> images A and B in different coordinate systems, as well as writing a
> GetCoverage request for image B with subsets so that the result is a pixel
> perfect copy of image A.

Hm. I'm doing comprehensive tests on ArcGIS, MapServer, GeoServer, and
Rasdaman, Versions 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 2.0.1, inverted axis
and normal axis. I don't have access to ArcGIS with inverted axis CRS or
MapServer in not inverted axis CRS.

Test results in a table on the page

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/WCS%2Binteroperability

So far GeoServer 1.1 with inverted axis CRS data seems really strange.
The returned geotiff is ok but GDAL doesn't like it as a result since it
is east up, thus basically ok.

Ari

>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html
> _______________________________________________
> gdal-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev

_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

Ari Jolma-2
In reply to this post by jratike80
jratike80 kirjoitti 13.11.2017 klo 15:39:

> Ari Jolma-2 wrote
>> I made a bold attempt to begin describing the fundamentals of coordinate
>> systems in WCS and how those relate to the fundamentals of coordinate
>> systems in GDAL.
>>
>> Ari
> And I have
>  
> - Materialized my 6 pixel test image into a GeoTIFF image in EPSG:4326 and
>
> - Published it with GeoServer so I could capture the DescribeCoverage
> document

The URL of the server?

Ari

>
> I would appreciate help with writing proper Python scripts for creating test
> images A and B in different coordinate systems, as well as writing a
> GetCoverage request for image B with subsets so that the result is a pixel
> perfect copy of image A.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html
> _______________________________________________
> gdal-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev

_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wiki page for WCS discussion and best practices created

jratike80
Ari Jolma-2 wrote

> jratike80 kirjoitti 13.11.2017 klo 15:39:
>
>> And I have
>>  
>> - Materialized my 6 pixel test image into a GeoTIFF image in EPSG:4326
>> and
>>
>> - Published it with GeoServer so I could capture the DescribeCoverage
>> document
>
> The URL of the server?

I tend to use localhost :) Standard GeoServer 2.11 installation from the
zip, thus reproducible.

-Jukka-



--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html
_______________________________________________
gdal-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev