[gdal-dev] Setting a point into postgresql using GDAL

[gdal-dev] Setting a point into postgresql using GDAL

andreahmed

Hi All,

I’m trying to set a point xyz, which represents longitude altitude latitude, but when I create the feature, I get Error 1 Can’t find transcation response.

The Geometry field is set by this in the database:

ALTER TABLE poiserver ALTER COLUMN geom TYPE GEOMETRY(POINTZ,4326) USING ST_Force3D(geom);

Thanks

Re: [gdal-dev] Setting a point into postgresql using GDAL

jratike80
andreahmed wrote
Hi All,
I’m trying to set a point xyz, which represents longitude altitude latitude, but when I create the feature, I get Error 1 Can’t find transcation response.

The Geometry field is set by this in the database:

ALTER TABLE poiserver ALTER COLUMN geom TYPE GEOMETRY(POINTZ,4326) USING ST_Force3D(geom);

Thanks
Hi "andreahmed"

I need to say that your question as you put it makes no sense for the readers of this mailing list. I believe that you continue your struggle with trying to do transactions with TinyOWS and GDAL. There is another thread about this in Mapserver-users list http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/getting-layers-from-tinyows-tc5306192.html. You also started a new cross-post thread http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Setting-a-point-into-postgresql-tc5306718.html.

Instead of starting new threads I would consider improving your initial question. The "MCVE" advice at http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve is a good starting point. It can still happen that nobody can help you because there may be rather few who have experience on TinyOWS WFS + XYX point geometries + GDAL as WFS client, but you will have better possibilities. It also happens quite often for me that the problem gets solved while I gather and test the Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example.

Best regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-