[gdal-dev] Set gdal option at compile time

[gdal-dev] Set gdal option at compile time

Armin Burger
Dear all

is it possible to change the default value of a GDAL option at compile
time? I would in particular like to set the option
"GDAL_DISABLE_READDIR_ON_OPEN" to TRUE as a default since in a batch
processing environment this can cause some overload of storage systems.

Thanks in advance for any hint
Armin

Re: Set gdal option at compile time

Even Rouault-2
On mercredi 20 mars 2019 21:06:21 CET Armin Burger wrote:
> Dear all
>
> is it possible to change the default value of a GDAL option at compile
> time?

No
Must be done at runtime. Can be done by setting it for example as environment
variable in your batch script.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

On 20/03/2019 22:01, Even Rouault wrote:

> On mercredi 20 mars 2019 21:06:21 CET Armin Burger wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> is it possible to change the default value of a GDAL option at compile
>> time?
>
> No
> Must be done at runtime. Can be done by setting it for example as environment
> variable in your batch script.
>
> Even

Thanks for the quick reply.

When opening a file, gdal checks for various sibling files, like *.AUX,
*.aux.xml, etc. Is there a sort of configuration file that defines for
which files and file extensions gdal is searching for any file open?

Best
Armin