[gdal-dev] Sentinel-1 manifest.safe georeferencing wrong

[gdal-dev] Sentinel-1 manifest.safe georeferencing wrong

Gong, Shawn

Hi list,

I see that there is a driver for Sentinel-1 manifest.safe and I tested it against the tough case of the SLC (complex).

These products consists of three HH-HV dual-pol images, they only overlap at the edges (see screen shot, when I load the *.tiff one by one in OpenEV viewer)

However when I load the manifest.safe, GDAL recognizes that it is Sentinel-1 but its georeferencing is wrong. Three images are overlapped almost 100%.

When I run the 'gdalinfo' the GCPs are only taken from the 3rd image (s1a-iw3-slc-vh-########-003.tiff).

Any ideas?

Also the new RCM is going to have the 'manifest.safe' file too. There could be a conflict, if file name 'manifest.safe' is used to identify the sensors.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Sentinel-1 manifest.safe georeferencing wrong

Gong, Shawn
Attached is the three SLC images overlap only at the edges, when I load the *.tiff one-by-one in OpenEV viewer

Thanks,
Shawn

I see that there is a driver for Sentinel-1 manifest.safe and I tested it against the tough case of the SLC (complex).

These products consists of three HH-HV dual-pol images, they only overlap at the edges (see screen shot, when I load the *.tiff one by one in OpenEV viewer)

However when I load the manifest.safe, GDAL recognizes that it is Sentinel-1 but its georeferencing is wrong. Three images are overlapped almost 100%.

When I run the 'gdalinfo' the GCPs are only taken from the 3rd image (s1a-iw3-slc-vh-########-003.tiff).

Any ideas?

Also the new RCM is going to have the 'manifest.safe' file too. There could be a conflict, if file name 'manifest.safe' is used to identify the sensors.

Thanks,
Shawn

s1a.PNG (71K) Download Attachment