[gdal-dev] Revisiting ecw

Micha Silver-2
I'm following the thread:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-gdal-2-1-ecw-5-2-1-td5299048.html
trying to compile gdal with ECW support. I have tried this configure:

CXXFLAGS="-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/gdal --with-libkml=no
--with-ecw=/home/micha/Downloads/ERDAS-ECW_JPEG_2000_SDK-5.3.0/Desktop_Read-Only/
--with-xml2=no --with-expat=no

to disable KML, xml etc. But I'm still getting compile errors that begin with:
undefined reference to
`kmlengine::Clone(boost::intrusive_ptr<kmldom::Element> const&)'
 and many more after that.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Micha Silver

tel:  +972 (77) 6449059  cell: +972 (52) 3665918

Re: Revisiting ecw

Even Rouault-2

On mardi 1 août 2017 17:05:20 CEST Micha Silver wrote:

> I'm following the thread:

> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-gdal-2-1-ecw-5-2-1-td5299048.ht

> ml trying to compile gdal with ECW support. I have tried this configure:

> CXXFLAGS="-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" ./configure

> --prefix=/usr/local/gdal --with-libkml=no

> --with-ecw=/home/micha/Downloads/ERDAS-ECW_JPEG_2000_SDK-5.3.0/Desktop_Read-

> Only/ --with-xml2=no --with-expat=no

> to disable KML, xml etc. But I'm still getting compile errors that begin

> with: undefined reference to

> `kmlengine::Clone(boost::intrusive_ptr<kmldom::Element> const&)'

> and many more after that.

> Any suggestions?

"make clean" if you didn't do it already. It is likely remaining objects that link to libkml from a previous ./configure && make

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Revisiting ecw

Even Rouault-2

Hexagon released ECW SDK 5.4 [1] with support for the CXX11 ABI, which

makes it compatible with gcc >= 5.1 with its default ABI.

I've just added support in configure in trunk and 2.2 branch to detect if we

must link against the libNCSEcw with the newabi or the one with the oldabi

Note: I've found that if you also link against the Teigha libraries, the ECW driver

tends to crash. The joy of combining two proprietary closed-source SDKs...

Even

[1] https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/ecw/erdas-ecw-jp2-sdk-v5-4-linux

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Revisiting ecw

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2018-03-13 5:24 PM, Even Rouault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hexagon released ECW SDK 5.4 [1] with support for the CXX11 ABI, which
>
> makes it compatible with gcc >= 5.1 with its default ABI.
>
> I've just added support in configure in trunk and 2.2 branch to detect if we
>
> must link against the libNCSEcw with the newabi or the one with the oldabi
>
> Note: I've found that if you also link against the Teigha libraries, the
> ECW driver
>
> tends to crash. The joy of combining two proprietary closed-source SDKs...
>
> Even
>
> [1]
> https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/ecw/erdas-ecw-jp2-sdk-v5-4-linux

Thank you Even (and also for updating the buildhint notes, you beat me
to it https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW).

-jeff

Re: Revisiting ecw

Even Rouault-2
> Note: I've found that if you also link against the Teigha libraries, the ECW
> driver tends to crash. The joy of combining two proprietary closed-source
> SDKs...

Regarding the above finding, I've found that both ECW SDK and Teigha SDK
embeds a copy of TinyXML, probably at a different version / ABI, which
explains those runtime crashes. Hexagon developers have been made aware of
that issue.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com