[gdal-dev] Reading sentinel 2 L2A datasets

[gdal-dev] Reading sentinel 2 L2A datasets

Róbert Špir
Hi all,
I'm using GDAL to process sentinel-2 data (in c++). I have no problem processing S2B and S2A L1C datasets, I can open them, read the subdatasets and process the data.
But when I try to open L2A dataset, it looks like there are no subdatasets and I cannot access the bands.
I have attached gdalinfo output from this dataset and the dataset xml. Is there any way how I can access the subdatasets or this type of dataset is not currently supported in GDAL?

Thanks,
Robert

gdalinfo.txt (3K) Download Attachment
MTD_MSIL2A.xml (71K) Download Attachment

Re: Reading sentinel 2 L2A datasets

Even Rouault-2

On vendredi 3 novembre 2017 07:55:57 CET Róbert Špir wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm using GDAL to process sentinel-2 data (in c++). I have no problem

> processing S2B and S2A L1C datasets, I can open them, read the subdatasets

> and process the data.

> But when I try to open L2A dataset, it looks like there are no subdatasets

> and I cannot access the bands.

> I have attached gdalinfo output from this dataset and the dataset xml. Is

> there any way how I can access the subdatasets or this type of dataset is

> not currently supported in GDAL?

Robert,

yes currently the newest formulation of L2A datasets ("SAFE_COMPACT") is not supported by the driver. The original formulation is, but Copernicus changed the format a bit afterwards, so some adaptation in the driver would be needed.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Reading sentinel 2 L2A datasets

Róbert Špir
Thanks for the info, are there any plans to add this support in the near future?

Robert