[gdal-dev] Reading JPEG2000 File

bhandari
Hello All
            I am trying to read JPEG2000 (sentinel) file with GDAL python
bindings using anaconda python.

I am not able to load JPEG2000 drivers. Could you please guide me how to
install JPEG 2000 drivers for GDAL in anaconda environment.

Thanking You

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

Christoph Paulik
Hi,

Depending on which version of gdal you are using from anaconda it
could be a problem with the gdal packages as compiled by e.g.
conda-forge.

I had a similar problem in the past. See e.g.
https://github.com/conda-forge/gdal-feedstock/issues/227

Cheers,
Christoph

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 12:36, bhandari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All
>             I am trying to read JPEG2000 (sentinel) file with GDAL python
> bindings using anaconda python.
>
> I am not able to load JPEG2000 drivers. Could you please guide me how to
> install JPEG 2000 drivers for GDAL in anaconda environment.
>
> Thanking You
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html

Christoph Paulik // Head of Infrastructure
VanderSat // Satellite observed water data. Globally. Daily.
Wilhelminastraat 43a, 2011 VK, Haarlem (NL), The Netherlands
M  +31 6 18271928 W  www.vandersat.com

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

bhandari
Thank You Christoph but trying that link did not work for me.

Could you please tell how did you solve the problem

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

Christoph Paulik
I installed an up-to date version of gdal from conda forge.

But of course it all depends on which version you are currently using
and what your exact error is.

It is probably best if you go back to the package distributor.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 13:34, bhandari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank You Christoph but trying that link did not work for me.
>
> Could you please tell how did you solve the problem
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html

Christoph Paulik // Head of Infrastructure
VanderSat // Satellite observed water data. Globally. Daily.
Wilhelminastraat 43a, 2011 VK, Haarlem (NL), The Netherlands
M  +31 6 18271928 W  www.vandersat.com

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

bhandari
I tried GDAL 2.3 from conda forge. When I see the support ed formats with
gdalinfo --formats . It doesn't show JPEG2000. So how do I include support
for JPEG2000?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

Kai Muehlbauer
Just tried gdal 2.4.0 and 2.3.3 from conda-forge. Both contain the line:

JP2OpenJPEG -raster,vector- (rwv): JPEG-2000 driver based on OpenJPEG
library

HTH,
Kai

Maybe
Am 05.02.19 um 15:04 schrieb bhandari:

> I tried GDAL 2.3 from conda forge. When I see the support ed formats with
> gdalinfo --formats . It doesn't show JPEG2000. So how do I include support
> for JPEG2000?
>
> THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html

Re: Reading JPEG2000 File

bhandari
Thank you Kai for your response. I will try with gdal2.4