[gdal-dev] [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

12

[gdal-dev] [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Kshitij Kansal
Hello Everyone

I am an undergrad student in my Junior year of study. I have been involved with some research in field of Spatial Temporal Analysis of Images. I have been using the GDAL for various purposes, for quite some time now. I thought that now its time to contribute something to Open Source Community. So I started to think about the GSoC, 2014. As I started browsing the last year's ideas, one idea that I could relate was "Raster / Vector Geo-referencer on the Web".

Motivation:
The main motivation behind this is that, among the very first things that are required in many remote sensing/geo-spatial related projects are geo-referenced images. Most of the images that we have are generally not referenced and hence we have to go to some tool and MANUALLY reference them with the help of some reference image. This generally takes a lot of time and most of the times errors do creep in.

Original Idea:
What has been proposed in this(as a part of GSoC'13 idea) was that we should provide two image, one reference image and other un-referenced image. Now with the help of this we should be able to geo-reference this unreferenced image by MANUALLY selecting the Control Points. Some thing like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=88gt1gj2dbs

Modified Idea:
Now what I felt was that, this idea can be made more innovative and useful if we can AUTOMATE this whole process of geo-referencing along with providing the option for manual selection. This is where the knowledge of Image Processing can help. There are various algorithms(like SIFT/SURF) which can be used for doing this. We can apply these algorithms and extract the GCP's and then geo-reference the images. Also, this thing has not been implemented in any of the other open source softwares(like GRASS,QGIS). So if we can implement this, other communities can build on these ideas or even adapt it. It would be "entirely based on GDAL and completely reusable"

Furthermore, this idea can be expanded a lot in the sense that we should not not put restrictions to the number of bands in the images. Now what I mean by this is that reference image's bands may not be the same order of unreferenced. It should work with images of any number of bands.

Any Comments or Suggestions or Feedback ?
Anyone willing to help me in this?

Regards,
Kshitij Kansal
Lab For Spatial Informatics,
IIIT Hyderabad

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

chaitanya_ch
Hi all,
I talked with Kshitij about this idea at length. I am sure that he can do a good job. He has the programming skills and has academic background in image processing and computer vision.

I am willing to co-mentor him.

Kshitij,
You did not include the extensions we discussed. Estimating the shift between two georeferenced images, matching rasters with vector datasets.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Kshitij Kansal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Joaquim Luis
Well, I actually implemented this idea in Mirone long time ago. First with SIFT and later with the SURF module in OpenCV, but I really never tested much from the the point that "some cases work well, others not so much".

Anyway, you might be interested to look also into ASIFT. It looks promising

http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/~yu/research/ASIFT/demo.html

Joaquim

[...]

Re: [gdal-dev] [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Rutger
Just for your information. There already has been some work, at GSoC '13, to get this type of algorithms in scikit-image, see:
http://skimager.blogspot.nl/

Scikit-image is of course restricted to use with Python. But of your final aim is to add this to for example QGIS (Which can handle Python) a lot of work is already done.

Having this functionality at the core of GDAL would of course target much more people then only Python users.

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Kshitij Kansal
Hello

Thank you for you suggestions.

Joaquim

I looked into the link regarding Affine-SIFT that you provided. Indeed the results that are shown there are very promising. If we can bring this to one of the core functionality of GDAL then it would not only help in this project but many more digital image/computer vision related projects.

Rutger

Yes the main aim to propose this idea into GDAL community is to bring this functionality into the core GDAL functionality. I checked with the other communities like QGIS or GRASS or even OPTICKS, but this functionality of automatic geo-referencing is not present and till now no work has been done in this direction. If implemented here, these communities can directly adapt our thing and then build on this.

As we can see that we have a lot of algorithms to start with. Some kind of analysis like "Estimating the shift between two georeferenced images". This was something Chaitanya was talking about.

Also there was something me and Chaitanya discussed about, like matching  raster with vector datasets, for example, GPX data could be used to match roads.

Once we have this available in our core functionality of GDAL, we can easily use it to make "Raster / Vector Geo-referencer on the Web" which was the original idea proposed by the community in GS0C'13.

Any Comments or Suggestions?
Suggestions for getting started..

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Rutger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just for your information. There already has been some work, at GSoC '13, to
get this type of algorithms in scikit-image, see:
http://skimager.blogspot.nl/

Scikit-image is of course restricted to use with Python. But of your final
aim is to add this to for example QGIS (Which can handle Python) a lot of
work is already done.

Having this functionality at the core of GDAL would of course target much
more people then only Python users.

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Even Rouault
Le mardi 28 janvier 2014 20:41:15, Kshitij Kansal a écrit :

> Hello
>
> Thank you for you suggestions.
>
> Joaquim
>
> I looked into the link regarding Affine-SIFT that you provided. Indeed the
> results that are shown there are very promising. If we can bring this to
> one of the core functionality of GDAL then it would not only help in this
> project but many more digital image/computer vision related projects.
>
> Rutger
>
> Yes the main aim to propose this idea into GDAL community is to bring this
> functionality into the core GDAL functionality. I checked with the other
> communities like QGIS or GRASS or even OPTICKS, but this functionality of
> automatic geo-referencing is not present and till now no work has been done
> in this direction. If implemented here, these communities can directly
> adapt our thing and then build on this.
>
> As we can see that we have a lot of algorithms to start with. Some kind of
> analysis like "Estimating the shift between two georeferenced images". This
> was something Chaitanya was talking about.
>
> Also there was something me and Chaitanya discussed about, like matching
>  raster with vector datasets, for example, GPX data could be used to match
> roads.
>
> Once we have this available in our core functionality of GDAL, we can
> easily use it to make "*Raster / Vector Geo-referencer on the Web*" which
> was the original idea proposed by the community in GS0C'13.
>
> Any Comments or Suggestions?

Kshitij,

I just wanted to mention, to avoid any potential problem later in the process,
that if you adapt existing code from other projects into GDAL, you will need
to make sure that it comes with a license compatible with the GDAL X/MIT
license (so LGPL or GPL would not be OK), or make sure with copyright holders
that it is OK to port it to GDAL under the GDAL X/MIT license.

As a result of last year GSoC, we have an implementation of SURF algorithm in
GDAL. Not sure how mature it is, but that might be a potential starting point.

Even

--
Geospatial professional services

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Kshitij Kansal
Even,

Thank you for pointing out this issue. I will keep this in mind.

I will look into that last year project and try to understand the implementation.

More suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le mardi 28 janvier 2014 20:41:15, Kshitij Kansal a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Thank you for you suggestions.
>
> Joaquim
>
> I looked into the link regarding Affine-SIFT that you provided. Indeed the
> results that are shown there are very promising. If we can bring this to
> one of the core functionality of GDAL then it would not only help in this
> project but many more digital image/computer vision related projects.
>
> Rutger
>
> Yes the main aim to propose this idea into GDAL community is to bring this
> functionality into the core GDAL functionality. I checked with the other
> communities like QGIS or GRASS or even OPTICKS, but this functionality of
> automatic geo-referencing is not present and till now no work has been done
> in this direction. If implemented here, these communities can directly
> adapt our thing and then build on this.
>
> As we can see that we have a lot of algorithms to start with. Some kind of
> analysis like "Estimating the shift between two georeferenced images". This
> was something Chaitanya was talking about.
>
> Also there was something me and Chaitanya discussed about, like matching
>  raster with vector datasets, for example, GPX data could be used to match
> roads.
>
> Once we have this available in our core functionality of GDAL, we can
> easily use it to make "*Raster / Vector Geo-referencer on the Web*" which
> was the original idea proposed by the community in GS0C'13.
>
> Any Comments or Suggestions?

Kshitij,

I just wanted to mention, to avoid any potential problem later in the process,
that if you adapt existing code from other projects into GDAL, you will need
to make sure that it comes with a license compatible with the GDAL X/MIT
license (so LGPL or GPL would not be OK), or make sure with copyright holders
that it is OK to port it to GDAL under the GDAL X/MIT license.

As a result of last year GSoC, we have an implementation of SURF algorithm in
GDAL. Not sure how mature it is, but that might be a potential starting point.

Even

--
Geospatial professional services

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Kshitij Kansal <kansal.k <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Even,
> Thank you for pointing out this issue. I will keep this in mind.
>
> I will look into that last year project and try to understand the
implementation.

> More suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

Hi,

Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf

Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/

This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration
http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also
need for a more light-weight system.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

[gdal-dev] [NAS] srsName in NAS import

Stefan Bernsdorf-2

Hi,
I have question concerning the NAS data importer.
In the NAS data there is a srsName attribute for every geometry object.
This srsName can differ from the srsName for the whole layer.
As far as I see in the code, this is actually not implemented and this
leads to wrong data is the value for the srsName differs.
Anybody familiar with this problem?
(I have seen, that Frank and Even wrote most of the code.)
  Regards, Stefan.

Re: [NAS] srsName in NAS import

Even Rouault
Le mercredi 29 janvier 2014 13:06:42, Stefan Bernsdorf a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have question concerning the NAS data importer.
> In the NAS data there is a srsName attribute for every geometry object.
> This srsName can differ from the srsName for the whole layer.
> As far as I see in the code, this is actually not implemented and this
> leads to wrong data is the value for the srsName differs.

Interesting. I imagine on-the-fly reprojection should be done from the feature
SRS to the layer SRS ? CC'ing Jef since he has done work in the NAS driver
recently.

> Anybody familiar with this problem?
> (I have seen, that Frank and Even wrote most of the code.)
>   Regards, Stefan.

Geospatial professional services

Re: [NAS] srsName in NAS import

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Even,

On Wed, 29. Jan 2014 at 14:12:06 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> > In the NAS data there is a srsName attribute for every geometry object.
> > This srsName can differ from the srsName for the whole layer.  As far as I
> > see in the code, this is actually not implemented and this leads to wrong
> > data is the value for the srsName differs.

> Interesting. I imagine on-the-fly reprojection should be done from the
> feature SRS to the layer SRS ? CC'ing Jef since he has done work in the NAS
> driver recently.

Yes, I wanted to look that up, before responding to a post on the nas list[1].
But didn't find time to yet.

I didn't come across such datasets yet.  Test data would be appreciated.

Jürgen

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/nas/2014-January/000596.html

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden

Re: [NAS] srsName in NAS import

Stefan Bernsdorf-2

Jürgen, Even,

please find below a snip of my NAS-data. As there are legal restrictions
I xxxxed  the coordinate information and some other stuff.

             <gml:featureMember>
                 <AX_PunktortAU gml:id="DERPLP170000rFWQ">
                     <gml:identifier
codeSpace="http://www.adv-online.de/">urn:adv:oid:DERPLP170000rFWQ</gml:identifier>
                     <lebenszeitintervall>
                         <AA_Lebenszeitintervall>
<beginnt>2010-09-14T13:01:56Z</beginnt>
                         </AA_Lebenszeitintervall>
                     </lebenszeitintervall>
                     <modellart>
                         <AA_Modellart>
<advStandardModell>DLKM</advStandardModell>
                         </AA_Modellart>
                     </modellart>
                     <anlass>000000</anlass>
                     <istTeilVon xlink:href="urn:adv:oid:DERPLP170000s7ky"/>
                     <position>
                         <gml:Point gml:id="CP8">
                             <gml:pos
srsName="urn:adv:crs:LOKAL_RP_UTM32101">3239XXXX.XXX 547XXXX.XXX</gml:pos>
                         </gml:Point>
                     </position>
<kartendarstellung>false</kartendarstellung>
                     <qualitaetsangaben>
                         <AX_DQPunktort>
                             <herkunft>
                                 <gmd:LI_Lineage>
                                     <gmd:processStep>
                                         <gmd:LI_ProcessStep>
<gmd:description>
<gco:CharacterString>Berechnung</gco:CharacterString>
</gmd:description>
                                             <gmd:dateTime>
<gco:DateTime>1996-01-01T00:00:00Z</gco:DateTime>
                                             </gmd:dateTime>
</gmd:LI_ProcessStep>
                                     </gmd:processStep>
                                     <gmd:source>
                                         <gmd:LI_Source>
<gmd:description>
<gco:CharacterString>9998</gco:CharacterString>
</gmd:description>
                                         </gmd:LI_Source>
                                     </gmd:source>
                                 </gmd:LI_Lineage>
                             </herkunft>
                         </AX_DQPunktort>
                     </qualitaetsangaben>
                 </AX_PunktortAU>
             </gml:featureMember>

Am 29.01.2014 14:54, schrieb Jürgen E. Fischer:

> Hi Even,
>
> On Wed, 29. Jan 2014 at 14:12:06 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
>>> In the NAS data there is a srsName attribute for every geometry object.
>>> This srsName can differ from the srsName for the whole layer.  As far as I
>>> see in the code, this is actually not implemented and this leads to wrong
>>> data is the value for the srsName differs.
>> Interesting. I imagine on-the-fly reprojection should be done from the
>> feature SRS to the layer SRS ? CC'ing Jef since he has done work in the NAS
>> driver recently.
> Yes, I wanted to look that up, before responding to a post on the nas list[1].
> But didn't find time to yet.
>
> I didn't come across such datasets yet.  Test data would be appreciated.
>

> Jürgen
>

> [1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/nas/2014-January/000596.html

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Kshitij Kansal
Hello

@Jukka Rahkonen: The OSSIM project (the link you provided) is more of image orthorectification. Although
they are doing image co-registration but its as one of the steps of orthorectification(I could only understand this from the manual).
Also I am not sure of the techniques they are using for this purposes. (Its written corner point detection but How?)
I am new to OSSIM, so not aware of this thing's functionality and accuracy. I am in the process of estimating it.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Coming to the Frank Warmerdam's blog (http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/). Here the author is talking about writing a code for converting the GCP's into RPC's. But the next question comes is where is he getting GCP's from. Now this is the part where I aim to work on and improve.

Given two images, if we can automatically extract GCP's from them then we are in a way speeding up and automating this whole process. Once we have GCP, there are a lot of things that we can do from them like geo-referencing(which I plan on doing), image stitching etc.

Also you talked about a "more light weighted system". Can you please elaborate on this? I could not understand what you actually meant from that.

If we look into the last year idea's page (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode), there is one idea that is proposed regarding the "Raster/Vector geo-referencer on the Web". I want to modify this idea a little bit and want to automate the whole process. As far as the automation is concerned, we can develop GDAL functions for that(which will be completely re-usable) and then developing a Web based geo-referencer would only require calling those functions.

If we do this thing, two objectives will be fulfilled. First, GDAL will get a web based geo-referencer. Secondly, communities that use GDAL and have not developed these kind of geo-referencer(Like QGIS) can directly use the functions developed and then build on that.

Suggestions and comments are welcomed.

Thank you for your propositions.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jukka Rahkonen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kshitij Kansal <kansal.k <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Even,
> Thank you for pointing out this issue. I will keep this in mind.
>
> I will look into that last year project and try to understand the
implementation.

> More suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

Hi,

Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf

Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/

This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration
http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also
need for a more light-weight system.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Kshitij Kansal
Hello

Based on all suggestions and comments above, I have come up with one thing.

The most important thing that could have been a road block for this project was licence issues which was pointed by Even Rouault.

I am interested in implementing the SIFT or ASIFT algorithms for automatic geo-referencing which I proposed in above mails. I am interested in making a separate tool which will be completely based on the GDAL and maintained by GDAL community. I looked into the GDAL-correlator idea which was also implemented as a part of GSoC. That idea uses only SIMPLE SURF algorithm for control point detection and is only limited to small size three band imagery(RGB).

I am interested in developing something that is fully automated and works on large multi band imagery.But the above two algorithms that I am planning to use come up with the licence that does not allows the free use for commercial purposes. The free use of above algorithm are restricted to "non profit research and non profit educational purposes"(in case of ASIFT) and "research purposes only" (in case of SIFT).

This means that the final product as a result of this product will also be bounded by the above licences. It can not go into GDAL's main distribution but can be used as a separate utility of GDAL for non-commercial uses only. Basically the commercial use of the tool won't be allowed without approval from the concerned people.

Your views and suggestions are highly appreciated.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Kshitij Kansal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> Even,
> Thank you for pointing out this issue. I will keep this in mind.
>
> I will look into that last year project and try to understand the
implementation.

> More suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

Hi,

Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf

Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/

This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration
http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also

Tim Keitt-4

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Kshitij Kansal <[hidden email]> wrote:
This means that the final product as a result of this product will also be bounded by the above licences. It can not go into GDAL's main distribution but can be used as a separate utility of GDAL for non-commercial uses only. Basically the commercial use of the tool won't be allowed without approval from the concerned people.

Your views and suggestions are highly appreciated.

That's a no go as far as GSOC is concerned. (I assume this is the question.) My recollection is that they will not accept a project that is not released under an approved license.

Re: [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Even Rouault
Selon Kshitij Kansal <[hidden email]>:

Kshitij,

I'm surprised that you mention licenses
for algorithms. What are your sources for that?
Only *implementations* can be licensed
not algorithms themselves. So if you
develop your own implementation you are free
to select the license you wish. There
might be issues linked to potential pattents
in some countries but that is acceptable in my opinion
as software parents are not valid in all contries
so mentionning potential issues with them
in the documentation is sufficient .

> Hello
>
> Based on all suggestion
ins and comments above, I have come up with one thing.

> [...]

> > Regards,
> >
> >  Kshitij Kansal
> >
> > Lab For Spatial Informatics,
> >
> > IIIT Hyderabad
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jukka Rahkonen <[hidden email]
> > > wrote:

> >> implementation.

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
> >> rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
> >> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf
> >>
> >> Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
> >> http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/
> >>
> >> This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration

http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

> >> All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also

Sir

I am providing the links for both the algorithms that I talked. I am new to this licence issues thing so I would be highly grateful if you can clarify doubts and if can proceed on working for this idea.

http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2011/my-asift/ (ASIFT) [here source code is provided. It contains license ]

The SIFT algorithm in itself is patented. They only provide binaries. I am not sure If we can use those binaries or not.
As far as ASIFT is concerned, i think its implementation is only patented.

Kindly clarify this.

Thanking You
With Regards,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > Regards,
> >
> >  Kshitij Kansal
> >
> > Lab For Spatial Informatics,
> >
> > IIIT Hyderabad
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jukka Rahkonen <[hidden email]
> > > wrote:

> >> implementation.

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
> >> rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
> >> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf
> >>
> >> Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
> >> http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/
> >>
> >> This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration

http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

> >> All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also

Dmitry Baryshnikov-2
Hi,

Even note that you cannot get the code from this projects and merge it to GDAL, but you  free to develop you own implementation of this algorithms as path of GDAL.
This is a same situation with correlator. Andrew cannot get code from OpenCV and GRASS as incompatible licenses, so the own (simple) implementation was provided.
One can change this implementation to be more advanced: support large datasets, more bands, etc. Everybody  welcome to do it.
Best regards,
    Dmitry
08.02.2014 2:15, Kshitij Kansal пишет:
> [...]

> > Regards,
> >
> >  Kshitij Kansal
> >
> > Lab For Spatial Informatics,
> >
> > IIIT Hyderabad
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jukka Rahkonen <[hidden email]
> > > wrote:

> >> implementation.

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
> >> rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
> >> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf
> >>
> >> Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
> >> http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/
> >>
> >> This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration

http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

> >> All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also

I have updated the Summer Of Code Ideas Page for GDAL. I have Introduced the above idea in that page also. Mr. Chaitanya Kumar is willing to mentor the project.

Please look into this.

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Dmitriy Baryshnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > Regards,
> >
> >  Kshitij Kansal
> >
> > Lab For Spatial Informatics,
> >
> > IIIT Hyderabad
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jukka Rahkonen <[hidden email]
> > > wrote:

> >> implementation.

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
> >> rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
> >> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf
> >>
> >> Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
> >> http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/
> >>
> >> This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration

http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

> >> All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also

12