[gdal-dev] RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

[gdal-dev] RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Howard Butler-3
All,

A successful OSGeo Community Sprint [1] saw myself, Even Rouault, Mateusz Loskot, and Dan Baston furiously migrating and organizing gdal.org content into a Sphinx-based organization. An example of that effort can be seen on https://gdal.dev It is an architecture modeled on other projects such as proj4.org, gdal.org, and mapserver.org that leverages continuous integration for rendering of the content, GitHub pages for the content delivery, and GitHub for the content management.

RFC 74 formalizes the migration, provides its justification, and gives more details on the effort.

Howard

Re: RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Nyall Dawson
On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 02:55, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> A successful OSGeo Community Sprint [1] saw myself, Even Rouault, Mateusz Loskot, and Dan Baston furiously migrating and organizing gdal.org content into a Sphinx-based organization. An example of that effort can be seen on https://gdal.dev It is an architecture modeled on other projects such as proj4.org, gdal.org, and mapserver.org that leverages continuous integration for rendering of the content, GitHub pages for the content delivery, and GitHub for the content management.
>
> RFC 74 formalizes the migration, provides its justification, and gives more details on the effort.
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc74_sphinx

That's a **huge** improvement, well done!

Nyall

Re: RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Mateusz Loskot
On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 18:54, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A successful OSGeo Community Sprint [1] saw myself, Even Rouault, Mateusz Loskot, and Dan Baston furiously migrating and organizing gdal.org content into a Sphinx-based organization. An example of that effort can be seen on https://gdal.dev It is an architecture modeled on other projects such as proj4.org, gdal.org, and mapserver.org that leverages continuous integration for rendering of the content, GitHub pages for the content delivery, and GitHub for the content management.
>
> RFC 74 formalizes the migration, provides its justification, and gives more details on the effort.
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc74_sphinx

FYI, I have renamed the pipeline on AzP from "OSGeo.gdal" to "OSGeo.gdal.doc" .
The new name makes PR status checks clearer.