[gdal-dev] Questions / clarification about 'FDO Geometry Format' and creation of GeoPackage Vectors

[gdal-dev] Questions / clarification about 'FDO Geometry Format' and creation of GeoPackage Vectors

mj10777
'FDO Geometry Format':
Am I reading the code correctly that 'FDO', at least in the case of a Sqlite-Container, is read only?

GeoPackage-Vector creation with ogr2ogr:

That it not possible to retain the original Geometry-Column Name, but either 'geom' of the value given with '-lco GEOMETRY_NAME=geometry_name' for all geometries.

 That a subset of specific Tables is not possible, but only all Tables.
If it is possible (through the usage of 'sql='), could a pratical sample be added to:

Mark

Re: Questions / clarification about 'FDO Geometry Format' and creation of GeoPackage Vectors

Even Rouault-2

Mark,

> 'FDO Geometry Format':

> Am I reading the code correctly that 'FDO', at least in the case of a

> Sqlite-Container, is read only?

Yes. Legacy format. Not sure anyone actually uses this nowadays.

> GeoPackage-Vector creation with ogr2ogr:

> That it not possible to retain the original Geometry-Column Name, but

> either 'geom' of the value given with '-lco GEOMETRY_NAME=geometry_name'

> for all geometries.

I've just fixed it in trunk

> That a subset of specific Tables is not possible, but only all Tables.

> If it is possible (through the usage of 'sql='), could a pratical sample be

> added to:

It is possible to specify multiple source layer names. This is a generic ogr2ogr capability:

ogr2ogr out.gpkg in_src table_name1 table_name2

Even

http://www.spatialys.com