[gdal-dev] Processing line-delimited GeoJSON with ogr2ogr

[gdal-dev] Processing line-delimited GeoJSON with ogr2ogr

maning sambale
Hi,

I'm trying to process line-delimited geojson with ogr2ogr.  Using gdal
2.1, I don't think it can do it.
So I had to convert it to a feature collection before processing with
ogr2ogr.  Any other ways to process line-delimited data?

--
cheers,
maning

Re: Processing line-delimited GeoJSON with ogr2ogr

Sean Gillies-3
Hi Maning,

There was a 2016 summer of code proposal to implement GeoJSON text sequences but it didn't pan out. The Fiona package (for Python) is the only thing in the GDAL ecosystem that does this right now, as far as I know.

See https://toblerity.org/fiona/cli.html#load and disregard the outdated bit about --x-json-seq. The fio-load command reads GeoJSON sequences (with or without the standard RS delimiter) and loads them into an OGR layer.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:03 AM, maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to process line-delimited geojson with ogr2ogr.  Using gdal
2.1, I don't think it can do it.
So I had to convert it to a feature collection before processing with
ogr2ogr.  Any other ways to process line-delimited data?

--
cheers,
maning

Sean Gillies