[gdal-dev] Possible to determine whether a vector format is spatial?

[gdal-dev] Possible to determine whether a vector format is spatial?

Nyall Dawson
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's any way of determining through driver
metadata whether a particular format supports geometry or not?

Looking through the metadata shown by ogrinfo --format, I can't see
anything that could be used to differentiate spatial formats vs
non-spatial formats (eg xls, xlsx, ods). Is there another way I could
test for this support?

I'm wanting to cut down the list of supported output formats in the
QGIS UI for operations where only formats with spatial support make
sense.

Regards,
Nyall

Re: Possible to determine whether a vector format is spatial?

Even Rouault-2

On dimanche 5 novembre 2017 13:16:43 CET Nyall Dawson wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm wondering if there's any way of determining through driver

> metadata whether a particular format supports geometry or not?

> Looking through the metadata shown by ogrinfo --format, I can't see

> anything that could be used to differentiate spatial formats vs

> non-spatial formats (eg xls, xlsx, ods). Is there another way I could

> test for this support?

There's indeed no driver metadata for this currently.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

On 5 November 2017 at 19:36, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On dimanche 5 novembre 2017 13:16:43 CET Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> There's indeed no driver metadata for this currently.

Thanks. PR at https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/259

Nyall