[gdal-dev] Overviews default directory

Zaraka
Hello,
If I build overviews for dataset which doesn't have one, overviews will be
generated in separate file such as .ovr which will be saved in the same
folder as source dataset file.
Can I change location of generated overviews to different folder?

Re: Overviews default directory

jratike80
Hi,

You can read the images through a VRT file
https://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html that includes an overview element with
an absolute path.

"Overview: This optional element describes one overview level for the band.
It should have a child SourceFilename and SourceBand element. The
SourceFilename may have a relativeToVRT boolean attribute. Multiple elements
may be used to describe multiple overviews."

<Overview>
  <SourceFilename relativeToVRT="0">path/to/image.ovr</SourceFilename>
  <SourceBand>1</SourceBand>
</Overview>

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Zaraka wrote