[gdal-dev] OGR Python API to Load Esri JSON

[gdal-dev] OGR Python API to Load Esri JSON

Jeremy Palmer-3
Hi All,

Is there a OGR Python API to load Esri JSON into an OGR geometry object, much like CreateGeometryFromJson? I’ve seen the arcgis2geojson library but wanted to avoid that dependency.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: OGR Python API to Load Esri JSON

Even Rouault-2
Hi Jeremy,

> Is there a OGR Python API to load Esri JSON into an OGR geometry object,
> much like CreateGeometryFromJson?

If you update to latest master, yes:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/5dadb24e3b9a1364ad3792ca63cd9312925b8601

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGR Python API to Load Esri JSON

Nyall Dawson
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 06:10, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > Is there a OGR Python API to load Esri JSON into an OGR geometry object,
> > much like CreateGeometryFromJson?
>
> If you update to latest master, yes:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/5dadb24e3b9a1364ad3792ca63cd9312925b8601

I don't suppose the reverse function is available, is it?

Nyall

On jeudi 24 octobre 2019 14:19:15 CEST Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 06:10, Even Rouault <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > > Is there a OGR Python API to load Esri JSON into an OGR geometry object,
> > > much like CreateGeometryFromJson?
> >
> > If you update to latest master, yes:
> > https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/5dadb24e3b9a1364ad3792ca63cd9312925b8
> > 601
> I don't suppose the reverse function is available, is it?

No, ESRI Json is read-only

Even

http://www.spatialys.com