[gdal-dev] OGR FileGDB driver: 'OBJECTID' not recognised as an available field

[gdal-dev] OGR FileGDB driver: 'OBJECTID' not recognised as an available field

Tamas Szekeres
Hi,

It looks like  the sql queries with -dialect "OGRSQL" doesn't seem to work as expected. When I specify the FID in the where clause, it doesn't filter anything. The same query is also described as a solution in the following ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4253 but I doubt if that works at all.

The code causing this problem is fairly generic (ogr_gensql.cpp)

if( psSelectInfo->where_expr && pszDialect != nullptr &&
            EQUAL(pszDialect, "OGRSQL") )
        {
            int nMinIndexForSpecialField = poSrcLayer->GetLayerDefn()->GetFieldCount();
            bForwardWhereToSourceLayer = !OGRGenSQLResultsLayerHasSpecialField
                            (psSelectInfo->where_expr, nMinIndexForSpecialField);
        }
        if (bForwardWhereToSourceLayer)
            pszWHERE = CPLStrdup(pszWHEREIn);
        else
            pszWHERE = nullptr;

In the "where" expression, the FID field is thanslated to OBJECTID and it is now treated as a special field, therefore the "where" expression is not being passed to the driver.

I'm also unsure if that is a correct action to omit passing "where" to the layer instead of providing an error message.

Is this a bug that should be fixed, or the OGRSQL dialect is considered as unsupported with OpenFileGDB?

Best regards,

Tamas

Re: OGR FileGDB driver: 'OBJECTID' not recognised as an available field

Even Rouault-2
On mercredi 4 septembre 2019 22:13:40 CEST Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like  the sql queries with -dialect "OGRSQL" doesn't seem to work
> as expected. When I specify the FID in the where clause, it doesn't filter
> anything. The same query is also described as a solution in the following
> ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4253 but I doubt if that works at
> all.
>
> The code causing this problem is fairly generic (ogr_gensql.cpp)
>
> if( psSelectInfo->where_expr && pszDialect != nullptr &&
>             EQUAL(pszDialect, "OGRSQL") )
>         {
>             int nMinIndexForSpecialField =
> poSrcLayer->GetLayerDefn()->GetFieldCount();
>             bForwardWhereToSourceLayer =
> !OGRGenSQLResultsLayerHasSpecialField
>                             (psSelectInfo->where_expr,
> nMinIndexForSpecialField);
>         }
>         if (bForwardWhereToSourceLayer)
>             pszWHERE = CPLStrdup(pszWHEREIn);
>         else
>             pszWHERE = nullptr;
>
> In the "where" expression, the FID field is thanslated to OBJECTID and it
> is now treated as a special field, therefore the "where" expression is not
> being passed to the driver.
>
> I'm also unsure if that is a correct action to omit passing "where" to the
> layer instead of providing an error message.

Actually the where isn't completely discarded. It is set on the
OGRGenSQLResultsLayer per

    if( !bForwardWhereToSourceLayer )
        OGRGenSQLResultsLayer::SetAttributeFilter( pszWHEREIn );

around line 492

The issue is that the GenSQL layer has no FID column set, and thus this filter
fails. One could potentially set the FID Column name on it from the source
layer, but that wouldn't be really appropriate in the case of JOIN. That said
I see a poDstFeat->SetFID( poSrcFeat->GetFID() ); at line 1332 of
TranslateFeature(), so...

(there might have been other fixes since #4253 that have made this case
broken)

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGR FileGDB driver: 'OBJECTID' not recognised as an available field

Tamas Szekeres
Hi,

I'm not sure if bForwardWhereToSourceLayer should not be set in this case, since the special field FID in pszWHEREIn has already been replaced.
Or the OpenFileGDB driver should indeed expose OBJECTID as a column according to #4253

Best regards,

Tamas

 Even Rouault <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. szept. 5., Cs, 13:13):
On mercredi 4 septembre 2019 22:13:40 CEST Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like  the sql queries with -dialect "OGRSQL" doesn't seem to work
> as expected. When I specify the FID in the where clause, it doesn't filter
> anything. The same query is also described as a solution in the following
> ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4253 but I doubt if that works at
> all.
>
> The code causing this problem is fairly generic (ogr_gensql.cpp)
>
> if( psSelectInfo->where_expr && pszDialect != nullptr &&
>             EQUAL(pszDialect, "OGRSQL") )
>         {
>             int nMinIndexForSpecialField =
> poSrcLayer->GetLayerDefn()->GetFieldCount();
>             bForwardWhereToSourceLayer =
> !OGRGenSQLResultsLayerHasSpecialField
>                             (psSelectInfo->where_expr,
> nMinIndexForSpecialField);
>         }
>         if (bForwardWhereToSourceLayer)
>             pszWHERE = CPLStrdup(pszWHEREIn);
>         else
>             pszWHERE = nullptr;
>
> In the "where" expression, the FID field is thanslated to OBJECTID and it
> is now treated as a special field, therefore the "where" expression is not
> being passed to the driver.
>
> I'm also unsure if that is a correct action to omit passing "where" to the
> layer instead of providing an error message.

Actually the where isn't completely discarded. It is set on the
OGRGenSQLResultsLayer per

    if( !bForwardWhereToSourceLayer )
        OGRGenSQLResultsLayer::SetAttributeFilter( pszWHEREIn );

around line 492

The issue is that the GenSQL layer has no FID column set, and thus this filter
fails. One could potentially set the FID Column name on it from the source
layer, but that wouldn't be really appropriate in the case of JOIN. That said
I see a poDstFeat->SetFID( poSrcFeat->GetFID() ); at line 1332 of
TranslateFeature(), so...

(there might have been other fixes since #4253 that have made this case
broken)

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGR FileGDB driver: 'OBJECTID' not recognised as an available field

Tamas Szekeres
Hi,

I've already reported an issue a while back related to the OGRSQL dialect along with the FDGB driver, when the where clause contains expression for the FID column. I'm still experiencing the problem in GDAL master, where the following query doesn't seem to apply the specified filter:

ogrinfo "mydata.gdb" -dialect OGRSQL -sql "select * from tablename where FID=..."

but this one (without dialect) returns the correct result:

 ogrinfo "mydata.gdb" -sql "select * from tablename where FID=..."

I'm a bit uncertain about whether it should be fixed in the generic SQL layer or the FGDB layer (which doesn't expose OBJECTID in the layer defn.), since the FGDB layer reports the name "OBJECTID" in GetFIDColumn, therefore the gen SQL layer could automatically consider it in the layer definition when processing the attribute filter. When adding the OBJECTID to the query it fixes the problem, but that seems to be a bit awkward:

ogrinfo "mydata.gdb" -dialect OGRSQL -sql "select *, OBJECTID from tablename where FID=..."

Any ideas in this topic would be helpful?

Best regards,

Tamas