[gdal-dev] OGDI 4.1.0 is released

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

I've, un-excitedly, done an emergency OGDI 4.1.0 release triggered by licensing
concerns, so that it can still survive in Debian.
The more I do OGDI releases, the less code there is in it :-)

Download links:
https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.1.0/ogdi-4.1.0.tar.gz
https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.1.0/ogdi-4.1.0.zip

The news are

4.1.0
=====

 o  Remove DTED driver that used the ecsrregex.c functionality removed in the
    below bullet.
 o  Remove ogdi/c-api/ecshash.c and ogdi/c-api/ecsregex.c, which were considered
    incompatible of DFSG & OSD (https://github.com/libogdi/ogdi/issues/13)

I've verified it works fine with the OGR OGDI driver and VRF OGDI driver.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGDI 4.1.0 is released

Greg Troxel-2
Even Rouault <[hidden email]> writes:

> I've, un-excitedly, done an emergency OGDI 4.1.0 release triggered by licensing
> concerns, so that it can still survive in Debian.
> The more I do OGDI releases, the less code there is in it :-)
>
> Download links:
> https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.1.0/ogdi-4.1.0.tar.gz
> https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.1.0/ogdi-4.1.0.zip
>
> The news are
>
> 4.1.0
> =====
>
>  o  Remove DTED driver that used the ecsrregex.c functionality removed in the
>     below bullet.
>  o  Remove ogdi/c-api/ecshash.c and ogdi/c-api/ecsregex.c, which were considered
>     incompatible of DFSG & OSD (https://github.com/libogdi/ogdi/issues/13)

I put a big comment in the libogdi ticket.

Basically, I think this is a misinterpretation and there is no field of
use discrimination.