[gdal-dev] Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

[gdal-dev] Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Howard Butler-3
All,

I would like to nominate Sean Gillies to the GDAL PSC.

Sean leads the development of two important Python geospatial projects based on GDAL/OGR – rasterio and Fiona. He has contributed many bug reports and design ideas to GDAL while developing those libraries, and he brings nearly twenty years of active open source geospatial software contribution experience with him. His API sensibilities will continue provide invaluable direction and perspective going forward as GDAL continues to (slowly) evolve.

I'll start with a +1.

Howard

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Even Rouault-2
On mardi 17 septembre 2019 08:21:37 CEST you wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to nominate Sean Gillies to the GDAL PSC.
>
> Sean leads the development of two important Python geospatial projects based
> on GDAL/OGR – rasterio and Fiona. He has contributed many bug reports and
> design ideas to GDAL while developing those libraries, and he brings nearly
> twenty years of active open source geospatial software contribution
> experience with him. His API sensibilities will continue provide invaluable
> direction and perspective going forward as GDAL continues to (slowly)
> evolve.

+1 Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

On 2019-09-17 09:21, Howard Butler wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to nominate Sean Gillies to the GDAL PSC.
>
> Sean leads the development of two important Python geospatial projects based on GDAL/OGR – rasterio and Fiona. He has contributed many bug reports and design ideas to GDAL while developing those libraries, and he brings nearly twenty years of active open source geospatial software contribution experience with him. His API sensibilities will continue provide invaluable direction and perspective going forward as GDAL continues to (slowly) evolve.
>
> I'll start with a +1.
>
> Howard

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Norman Barker-2
+1
Norman

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 9:07 AM Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Daniel

On 2019-09-17 09:21, Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to nominate Sean Gillies to the GDAL PSC.
>
> Sean leads the development of two important Python geospatial projects based on GDAL/OGR – rasterio and Fiona. He has contributed many bug reports and design ideas to GDAL while developing those libraries, and he brings nearly twenty years of active open source geospatial software contribution experience with him. His API sensibilities will continue provide invaluable direction and perspective going forward as GDAL continues to (slowly) evolve.
>
> I'll start with a +1.
>
> Howard

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Howard Butler-3
Declaring this motion passed with +1's from

Howard, Even, Norman, Andrey, Tamas, Daniel, Jukka, Frank, and Kurt

Welcome to the PSC Sean!

Howard

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 8:21 AM, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I would like to nominate Sean Gillies to the GDAL PSC.
>
> Sean leads the development of two important Python geospatial projects based on GDAL/OGR – rasterio and Fiona. He has contributed many bug reports and design ideas to GDAL while developing those libraries, and he brings nearly twenty years of active open source geospatial software contribution experience with him. His API sensibilities will continue provide invaluable direction and perspective going forward as GDAL continues to (slowly) evolve.
>
> I'll start with a +1.
>
> Howard

Re: Nomination of Sean Gillies for the GDAL PSC

Sean Gillies-3
I'm honored! Thank you very much, everybody.

--
Sean Gillies