[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

I believe we are now in a state where the prototype new website is functional
and should have content at least equivalent to the current one, so I motion to
adopt RFC74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx:

        https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc74_sphinx

-----------

Starting with my +1

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

Norman Barker-2
+1 Norman

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:59 PM Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

jratike80
+1

-Jukka-

Even Rouault-2 wrote

On lundi 20 mai 2019 16:16:03 CEST Eli Adam wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> It will be exciting to have documentation all together!  I often referenced
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ConfigOptions and
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints to go with other
> documentation.

Except a few exceptions, we haven't migrated wiki content, so help
from the larger community to add/migrate more content will be appreciated.

> Are there any existing urls (like
> https://gdal.org/ogr_formats.html) that are widely linked to from the rest
> of the internet that would be worth trying to preserve instead of replace (
> https://gdal.dev/drivers/vector/index.html)?

Yes, we've put in place redirects for a number of pages:
https://github.com/hobu/gdal/blob/doc-sprint/gdal/doc/source/_extensions/redirects.py#L27

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx

jmckenna
Administrator
+1 jeff

On lundi 20 mai 2019 23:54:40 CEST Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe we are now in a state where the prototype new website is
> functional and should have content at least equivalent to the current one,
> so I motion to adopt RFC74: Migrate gdal.org to Sphinx:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc74_sphinx

I declare this motion passed with +1 from PSC members KurtS, HowardB, DanielM,
NormanB, JukkaR and me.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com