[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

I move to adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding
capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn

It has been minorly edited since the first version to reflect the evolutions
on the default WKT version:
- exportToWKT() without options, exporting to WKT1 by default (except for
Geographic3D CRS where WKT2:2018 will be used). Can be overriden by the
OSR_WKT_FORMAT configuration option
- gdalinfo, ogrinfo, gdalsrsinfo reporting SRS as WKT2:2018 by default

Starting with my +1

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

Howard Butler-3

> On Jan 26, 2019, at 5:46 AM, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I move to adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding
> capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn
>
> It has been minorly edited since the first version to reflect the evolutions
> on the default WKT version:
> - exportToWKT() without options, exporting to WKT1 by default (except for
> Geographic3D CRS where WKT2:2018 will be used). Can be overriden by the
> OSR_WKT_FORMAT configuration option
> - gdalinfo, ogrinfo, gdalsrsinfo reporting SRS as WKT2:2018 by default
>
> Starting with my +1

+1

Congratulations on such a huge effort!

Hoawrd

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Even Rouault-2 wrote

> Hi,
>
> I move to adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding
> capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn
>
> It has been minorly edited since the first version to reflect the
> evolutions
> on the default WKT version:
> - exportToWKT() without options, exporting to WKT1 by default (except for
> Geographic3D CRS where WKT2:2018 will be used). Can be overriden by the
> OSR_WKT_FORMAT configuration option
> - gdalinfo, ogrinfo, gdalsrsinfo reporting SRS as WKT2:2018 by default
>
> Starting with my +1
>
> Even

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc

Re: Motion: adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database

Even Rouault-2

> I move to adopt RFC 73: Integration of PROJ6 for WKT2, late binding
> capabilities, time-support and unified CRS database
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn

I declare this motion passed with +1 from PSC members HowardB, JukkaR, DanielM
and myself.

Best regards,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com