[gdal-dev] Large number of "Unable to translate coordinate system" in epsg file

[gdal-dev] Large number of "Unable to translate coordinate system" in epsg file

Roger André
Hi All,

Slightly off-topic question, but I'm curious why I'm seeing so many entries that look like this in my epsg file:

# NAD27 / Michigan North
# Unable to translate coordinate system EPSG:6200 into PROJ.4 format.

Is this normal, or the sign of a flawed install of dependencies, or something else?

Thanks,

Roger

Re: Large number of "Unable to translate coordinate system" in epsg file

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 16 avril 2018 10:46:18 CEST Roger André wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Slightly off-topic question, but I'm curious why I'm seeing so many entries
> that look like this in my epsg file:
>
> # NAD27 / Michigan North
> # Unable to translate coordinate system EPSG:6200 into PROJ.4 format.
>
> Is this normal, or the sign of a flawed install of dependencies, or
> something else?

Yes this is "normal".

EPSG:6200 / "NAD27 / Michigan North" uses a LCC_2SP(Michigan) projection
(EPSG:1051) which is not supported by GDAL / proj :
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2015-April/007108.html

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Large number of "Unable to translate coordinate system" in epsg file

Kristian Evers-2
I've added a ticket for the addition for the Michigan LCC: https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/940

It is a rather trivial change so a good issue for a first time PROJ contributor.

/Kristian