[gdal-dev] I can't get GDAL 2.4 to link with PROJ 5.2 (Windows)

[gdal-dev] I can't get GDAL 2.4 to link with PROJ 5.2 (Windows)

CDelancy
I can't seem to get GDAL to statically link to PROJ when building.

In the nmake.opt file I changed PROJ_INCLUDE to point to my local copy of
the proj source and PROJ_LIBRARY to the exact path of the static lib I built
from Proj source, while uncommenting both lines.

Still, when I try to use ogr coordinate transformations, I recieve error 6
with the message that Proj4 wasn't found.

Has anyone here had success building gdal on windows with proj statically
linked?
Do you have any advice for me on things to try?
Can you post the NMake command you used?

Re: I can't get GDAL 2.4 to link with PROJ 5.2 (Windows)

Joaquim Luis
Craig,

Notice that the recipe I gave you to build sqlite3 builds a dynamic lib, not a static one. Might that be the cause?

Joaquim

Thank you for your reply. PROJ version 5.2 builds successfully and never
pestered me for sqlite, so I don't think that would be the problem.