[gdal-dev] Grids in OpenFileGDB databases?

[gdal-dev] Grids in OpenFileGDB databases?

Carl Godkin-2
Hi,

I just came across a GDB that contains two "MultiPolygon" layers plus about ten more layers that are apparently grids.

Does OpenFileGDB provide any access to these layers?  I'm using GDAL 2.2.1.

I think the GDB has grids because I can see them in ArcGIS Explorer, but "ogrinfo --ro GIS.gdb" does not list them.

(In case anyone is interested, the data is from here:

and is referenced from here:

Both the ESRI and GIS sub-directories contain .gdb sub-directories.  The ESRI sub-directory GDB apparently contains only grids; the GDB in the GIS sub-directory has two MultiPolygon layers and about ten grids.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

carl

Re: Grids in OpenFileGDB databases?

Even Rouault-2

Carl,

there have been a few successful efforts last year to prototype decyphering of rasters

in .gdb, so it is now a matter of creating a proper GDAL driver from those findings. Sponsors

could be welcome.

Looking at the dataset you point too, it seems that the grids are provided as XYZ in the

ASCII directory

You can get the contents of each .gdb with:

ogrinfo -ro -al UKCS_Multi_Sat_Gravity_Data/ESRI/ESRI_Grids.gdb/a00000004.gdbtable

ogrinfo -ro -al UKCS_Multi_Sat_Gravity_Data/GIS/GIS.gdb/a00000004.gdbtable

Grids are the features with "Definition (String) = <DERasterDataset..."

Even

http://www.spatialys.com