Quantcast

[gdal-dev] GeoPackege, views and spatial index

[gdal-dev] GeoPackege, views and spatial index

jratike80
Hi,

I can create a spatial view into GeoPackage database by following the document http://www.geopackage.org/modeling_guidelines.html and I can open such a view with QGIS. But have I understood right that there is no way in GeoPackage to link the R-Tree spatial index of the main table with the view? In Spatialite it is possible via the views_geometry_columns table but I can't find anything like that from the GeoPackage specification. I wonder if GDAL and QGIS could have support for same kind of linking metadata table than Spatialite.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: GeoPackege, views and spatial index

Even Rouault-2

On jeudi 16 mars 2017 21:45:09 CET Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:

> Hi,

> I can create a spatial view into GeoPackage database by following the

> document http://www.geopackage.org/modeling_guidelines.html and I can open

> such a view with QGIS. But have I understood right that there is no way in

> GeoPackage to link the R-Tree spatial index of the main table with the

> view? In Spatialite it is possible via the views_geometry_columns table but

> I can't find anything like that from the GeoPackage specification. I wonder

> if GDAL and QGIS could have support for same kind of linking metadata table

> than Spatialite.

I've just committed code to automatically figures out if a view refers to the FID and geom column of a table that has a spatial index, and in that case to use it. This however requires SQLite to be compiled with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA. On Linux, GDAL automatically detects if this is available. On Windows, SQLITE_HAS_COLUMN_METADATA=yes must be manually defined in nmake.opt.

I see Tamas' build don't have SQLITE_HAS_COLUMN_METADATA=yes enabled, althoug the sqlite3.dll has been compiled in that mode.

I've opened https://github.com/gisinternals/buildsystem/issues/106 on this.

@jef

Looking at OSGeo4W, the situation is a bit different since it seems that the sqlite3.dll is not built with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA

I've created https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/524#ticket for that

Even

http://www.spatialys.com