[gdal-dev] Gdal_fusion.py???

Nicolas Cadieux
Hi,

I have made a python 2.7 / 3.7 program to fuse a point cloud with hyperspectral images.  The end result is a text file with xyz... from the cloud file followed by the band pixel values.  It’s all multithreaded so a cloud with 6.5 million points can be fused with a raster with 288 band in 45min (12 threads). What would it take to make this an official gdal  command line utility? What steps would be involved?

Nicolas

Re: Gdal_fusion.py???

ginetto
Hi Nicolas,

really interesting... it is suitable only for pointcloud from airborne sensors or also from mobil? Is it different from 'pdal colorize' command [1]?

Luigi Pirelli

[1] https://pdal.io/stages/filters.colorization.html#filters-colorization and https://pdal.io/workshop/exercises/analysis/colorization/colorization.html

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 21:27, Nicolas Cadieux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have made a python 2.7 / 3.7 program to fuse a point cloud with hyperspectral images.  The end result is a text file with xyz... from the cloud file followed by the band pixel values.  It’s all multithreaded so a cloud with 6.5 million points can be fused with a raster with 288 band in 45min (12 threads). What would it take to make this an official gdal  command line utility? What steps would be involved?

Nicolas

Re: Gdal_fusion.py???

Nicolas Cadieux
Hi,

I will read up on the PDAL colorize.  For now, my only input is a txt file therefore I am not using PDAL nor am I using gdal to read the cloud.  I must admit, I am not too good with using PDAL but I would like to.  I do use gdal to read the rasters.  For now, the main purpose was to use it with HSI taken from drones but I have someone trying it with a ground based scanner.  Does PDAL colonize handle any number of bands?

Nicolas

Le 5 avr. 2019 à 15:52, Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Markus Neteler
Hi,

I wrote some scripts to colorize point cloud provided as XYZ files using PDAL:

Maybe to get some ideas ...

Markus