[gdal-dev] GDAL make error

Jon Morris

Hi all,

We're having problems with a GDAL build from source and hope that someone here can point us in the right direction.

We've got a server running Scientific Linux 7 and we're using Jenkins 1.602.2 for CI. Every job builds our application from scratch, which includes a build of gdal. Up until yesterday, it was working fine, but then another user on that server installed postgres and we started to get build errors. Other users can still build the application, but the jenkins user fails each time with the error:

/home/jba/.jenkins/workspace/Farm_unit_tests/src/gdal/gdal/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `CPLHTTPSetOptions(void*, char**)'

/home/jba/.jenkins/workspace/Farm_unit_tests/src/gdal/gdal/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `OGRCreateExpatXMLParser()'

Comparing the console output for earlier (successful) builds with later (failing) builds, we can see that during make, after the command (cd frmts; make), some extra options are enabled: -DFRMT_wcs -DFRMT_wms -DFRMT_plmosaic. Then later on in the build, after (cd apps; make appslib), the extra options -lexpat -lpcre and -lcurl appear.

Why would extra options be enabled when we haven't made any changes to the makefile? And are these extra options likely to be the failure in building libgdal.so?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Morris

Software Developer

t: +44 (0) 1756 799919

Please click here if you would like to subscribe to our email news

Find out more about us here: www.jbarisk.com and follow us on Twitter @JBARisk and LinkedIn

The JBA Group supports the JBA Trust.

All JBA Risk Management's email messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

JBA Risk Management Limited is registered in England, company number 07732946, South Barn, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE, Telephone: +441756799919

Re: GDAL make error

Even Rouault-2

> Why would extra options be enabled when we haven't made any changes to the

> makefile? And are these extra options likely to be the failure in building

> libgdal.so?

Jon,

Make sure you do a "make clean" as the configuration has changed

Even

http://www.spatialys.com