[gdal-dev] GDAL and OpenJpeg2000 next version release

[gdal-dev] GDAL and OpenJpeg2000 next version release

Noureddine Farah
Hi,

I'm using GDAL to open and read OpenJpeg 2000 files and one of the files could not be  read ok because of this bug. The good news that bug was fixed in OpenJpeg 2000 master but there is not public OpenJpeg 2000 including that fix and other enhancements since last public release of OpenJpeg 2000 on Oct 4 2017.

I asked the question about next version release of OpenJpeg 2000 but my question does not appear to be listed in that mailing list and since GDAL is using OpenJpeg 2000, i was wondering if any one (may be Even R.) know if there is any plan for future version release of OpenJpeg 2000.

Thanks
Noury

Re: GDAL and OpenJpeg2000 next version release

Even Rouault-2
On vendredi 22 février 2019 08:41:13 CEST Noureddine Farah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using GDAL to open and read OpenJpeg 2000 files and one of the files
> could not be  read ok because of this bug
> <https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/issues/1120>. The good news that bug
> was fixed in OpenJpeg 2000 master but there is not public OpenJpeg 2000
> including that fix and other enhancements since last public release
> <https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/releases/tag/v2.3.0> of OpenJpeg
> 2000 on Oct 4 2017.
>
> I asked the question about next version release of OpenJpeg 2000 but my
> question does not appear to be listed in that mailing list and since GDAL
> is using OpenJpeg 2000, i was wondering if any one (may be Even R.) know if
> there is any plan for future version release of OpenJpeg 2000.

FYI OpenJPEG 2.3.1 has just been released:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openjpeg/K9lgiDhN0IE

Even

http://www.spatialys.com