[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.9.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam
The GDAL/OGR team is pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 1.9.0.
This is a major new release including the following major new features:

  * New GDAL drivers: ACE2, CTG, E00GRID, ECRGTOC, GRASSASCIIGrid,
    GTA, NGSGEOID, SNODAS, WebP, ZMap
  * New OGR drivers:  ARCGEN, CouchDB, DWG, EDIGEO, ESRI FileGDB, Geomedia,
    Google Fusion Tables, IDRISI, MDB, SEGUKOOA, SEGY, SVG, XLS
  * Significantly improved drivers: NetCDF
  * Encoding support for shapefile/dbf (#882)
  * RFC 35: Delete, reorder and alter field definitions of OGR layers
  * RFC 37: Add mechanism to provide user data to CPLErrorHandler (#4295)
  * gdalsrsinfo: new supported utility to report SRS in various form
    (supercedes testepsg)

Complete news on the new release can be found at:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/1.9.0-News

The new release can be downloaded from:
  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190.zip - source as a zip
  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.0.tar.gz - source as .tar.gz
  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.9.0.tar.gz - test suite
  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190doc.zip - documentation / website

Re: [gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.9.0 Released

blueriver
Are there plans to include FileGDB capability in the source files?  Recompiling is outside our current abilities.

I don't know if the is the appropriate place to ask, but when will this version be included as the GDAL/OGR for QGIS?

Re: GDAL/OGR 1.9.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam
On 12-01-19 11:02 PM, blueriver wrote:
> Are there plans to include FileGDB capability in the source files?
> Recompiling is outside our current abilities.
>
> I don't know if the is the appropriate place to ask, but when will this
> version be included as the GDAL/OGR for QGIS?

Blue River,

The FileGDB driver is already part of the source distribution, but you
need to have the appropriate SDK from ESRI to build it.  We have not
produced a formal 1.9.0 set of binaries for GDAL but Tamas does
maintain a wide set of builds for windows.  I presume those don't
include FileGDB support for licensing reasons.

Note that FileGDB based backported to 1.8 in December (or November?)
sufficiently to produce a FileGDB package for OSGeo4W.  So you could
use that if you don't need any recent fixes.