[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.0 Nuget packages...

Morten Breiner
Hi,

Currently, I am using GDAL 2.4.2 for some c# development in Visual Studio.

I have installed the nuget packages found under
https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL/2.4.2 (many thanks to all involved
in maintaining those).

 From the download statistics
(https://www.nuget.org/stats/packages/GDAL?groupby=Version), I can see
that some attempt to support GDAL 3.0 has been made, but the packages
have been unlisted unfortunately.

Does any of you know if a release of nuget packages for GDAL 3.0 has
been scheduled or as an alternative, if recommended GDAL 3.0 packages
for c# can be downloaded elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance for clarifying answers.

BR
-Morten Breiner

Re: GDAL 3.0 Nuget packages...

Mateusz Loskot
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 10:26, Morten Breiner <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  From the download statistics
> (https://www.nuget.org/stats/packages/GDAL?groupby=Version), I can see
> that some attempt to support GDAL 3.0 has been made, but the packages
> have been unlisted unfortunately.
>
> Does any of you know if a release of nuget packages for GDAL 3.0 has
> been scheduled

Those are not official GDAL packages but third-party publications.
You will need to "Contact owners" at https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL/

> or as an alternative, if recommended GDAL 3.0 packages
> for c# can be downloaded elsewhere?

Check binaries and SDKs regularly published by Tamas,
maintainer of C# bindings, at https://www.gisinternals.com

Re: GDAL 3.0 Nuget packages...

Tamas Szekeres
Hi Morten,

There have been problems with the GDAL 3.0 nuget versions, that's why that was unlisted.
Specifically, the way how proj6 would want to find proj.db is not satisfactory regarding to the C# applications.
I'm still working on a solution.

Best regards,

Tamas

Morten Breiner <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. okt. 3., Cs, 10:26):
Hi,

Currently, I am using GDAL 2.4.2 for some c# development in Visual Studio.

I have installed the nuget packages found under
https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL/2.4.2 (many thanks to all involved
in maintaining those).

 From the download statistics