[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.3.0 planning

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

If we want to keep up with our yearly release cycle, it is time considering
it. Unless someone volunteers to take the stick, I'd be willing to issue a
2.3.0beta1 for April 20th (the release/2.3 branch wil be forked at that time
to receive needed fixes and master will be labelled 2.4.0dev).
Let it give 2 weeks of testing, and then issue a RC1 around May 4th if things
go well.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: GDAL 2.3.0 planning

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

So a reminder that 2.3.0beta1 is planned for this friday (unspecified time)

I've updated https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/NEWS
There were literarily tens of thousand of lines of commit logs to parse, so it
is not unlikely I may have forgotten things.

I'd appreciate reviews and fixes, particularly from subsystem/driver
maintainers. And particularly Alan on the DXF driver where perhaps some
entries can be grouped together.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com