[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.3.0 beta1 available

Even Rouault-2

Hi,

I have prepared the GDAL/OGR 2.3.0 Beta 1 release. It will potentially be followed by a second beta, or hopefully directly by a RC1 if things go well. The source is available at:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-2.3.0beta1.tar.xz

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal230beta1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdalautotest-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdalautotest-2.3.0beta1.zip

Snapshot of the documentation:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal230beta1doc.zip

The GRASS plugin is available at

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-grass-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz

The NEWS is available at :

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/2.3.0-News

New bugs found should be filed in github.

GDAL developers and users are encouraged to treat the next 2 weeks as the prime time for bug finding and fixing. Given the high number of OSS-Fuzz related fixes done in a lot of drivers, regressions wouldn't be surprising.

I have created the release/2.3 branch from current master, so new developments can occur in master. Bug fixes that apply to 2.3 should be committed in master and cherry-picked in release/2.3

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: GDAL 2.3.0 beta1 available

Even Rouault-2

> I have prepared the GDAL/OGR 2.3.0 Beta 1 release. It will potentially be

> followed by a second beta, or hopefully directly by a RC1 if things go

> well.

Things seem to go well. There have been a number of fixes since beta1, but nothing dramatic, hence I'll go for a RC1 this friday, so you still have 2 days to push additional fixes.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com