[gdal-dev] Fwd: Define compression with gdaladdo

[gdal-dev] Fwd: Define compression with gdaladdo

Gil Peleg
Hello,

I am trying to convert a tif file to GeoPackage and build it's levels with the output format of the entire geopackage being either PNG or JPEG.

Using gdal_translate I am able to translate the tif to GeoPackage, and adding the TILE_FORMAT -co  option sets the compression of the entire output to either PNG or JPEG as I requested, this works really well.

The problem starts when using gdaladdo to build the levels, the new levels are created with partial PNG and partial JPEG (I assume it has something to do with the borders), and I can't find the option to override it, I tried the COMPRESS_OVERVIEW parameter but it seems to be valid only in tif.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks!!
Gil

Re: Fwd: Define compression with gdaladdo

Even Rouault-2

On dimanche 31 décembre 2017 23:20:42 CET Gil Peleg wrote:

> Hello,

> I am trying to convert a tif file to GeoPackage and build it's levels with

> the output format of the entire geopackage being either PNG or JPEG.

> Using gdal_translate I am able to translate the tif to GeoPackage, and

> adding the TILE_FORMAT -co option sets the compression of the entire

> output to either PNG or JPEG as I requested, this works really well.

> The problem starts when using gdaladdo to build the levels, the new levels

> are created with partial PNG and partial JPEG (I assume it has something to

> do with the borders), and I can't find the option to override it, I tried

> the COMPRESS_OVERVIEW parameter but it seems to be valid only in tif.

You can use

gdaladdo -oo TILE_FORMAT=xxxx

Even

http://www.spatialys.com