[gdal-dev] Filtering GeoTIFFs touching/inside an area

[gdal-dev] Filtering GeoTIFFs touching/inside an area

Nelson A. de Oliveira
Is it possible to filter GeoTIFFs touching/inside a specific area?

For example, https://i.imgur.com/xPA4iqq.png

I have a lot of GeoTIFFs, an area and would like to somehow filter
only the images that are touching or inside that area.
It's not exactly a clipping here, since I need to keep the GeoTIFFs intact.

Re: [gdal-dev] Filtering GeoTIFFs touching/inside an area

jratike80
Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote
Is it possible to filter GeoTIFFs touching/inside a specific area?

For example, https://i.imgur.com/xPA4iqq.png

I have a lot of GeoTIFFs, an area and would like to somehow filter
only the images that are touching or inside that area.
It's not exactly a clipping here, since I need to keep the GeoTIFFs intact.
Hi,

A simple method is to utilize gdaltindex http://www.gdal.org/gdaltindex.html for creating a shapefile that holds the envelopes and file names. Gdaltindex is a bit inaccurate because it stores the envelopes of the images as polygons without considering possible no-data areas.

-Jukka Rahkonen-