[gdal-dev] FOSS4G2019: State of GDAL kind of presentation

[gdal-dev] FOSS4G2019: State of GDAL kind of presentation

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear GDAL developers,

FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest is just around the corner and the first clear sign
is the imminent approach of the call for talks/workshops closing date.
Monday, the 15th is the last day when you can send your contribution to
the 2019 global FOSS4G. We have received great submissions so far and,
of course, a number of them have GDAL as a topic. However, as the global
FOSS4G is the OSGeo flagship event, the BLOC would be delighted to have
all OSGeo projects represented in the general track program, with the
'State of GDAL' kind of talk. If you plan to attend the Bucharest event
this year, please consider to submit such a talk [1]. Please let me know
if more time is required.

Warm regards,
Vasile
Chair, FOSS4G 2019

[1] https://2019.foss4g.org/call-for-papers/general-sessions/

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GDAL kind of presentation

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

FYI I've just submitted a proposal for a 'State of GDAL' talk.

Suggestions to improve wording and/or content of the below abstract
appreciated.

"""
After a brief introduction to the project, this talk will focus on the two
feature-oriented releases which have occurred during the last year, GDAL 2.4
and GDAL 2.5.
We will explore new drivers (Google Earth Engine Data API, NextGIS Web,
GeoJSON sequence, TileDB, ...), improved drivers (BAG, GeoTIFF with Lerc and
WebP codecs, Geospatial PDF generation…), improved algorithms (polygonal
contouring), new virtual file systems, the integration of PROJ 6 and its
benefits (proper database with definitions of coordinate reference systems and
coordinate operations, support for WKT 2, late-binding transformations)
The advance of community efforts that have lead to a revamped Python testing
suite and documentation/web site will also be presented.
"""

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GDAL kind of presentation

Vasile Crăciunescu
Great!

Bucharest is getting ready to host you guys in late August.

Regards,
Vasile