[gdal-dev] Does ogr2ogr -overwrite truncate also the spatial index in GeoPackage?

[gdal-dev] Does ogr2ogr -overwrite truncate also the spatial index in GeoPackage?

jratike80

Hi,

Title says most of it. Running “ogr2ogr -f gpkg -update –overwrite” for a vector table in GeoPackage gives an error:

ERROR 1: Spatial index already existing

I wonder if the overwrite mode still does the right thing. Is the R-Tree table truncated automatically by the triggers together with the main table? If it is then  the result is a valid spatial index and the only issue is the misleading error message.

-Jukka Rahkonen

Re: Does ogr2ogr -overwrite truncate also the spatial index in GeoPackage?

Even Rouault-2

Jukka,

Which version do you use ? If it is a trunk version before Jan 23, you may run into the bug fixed by https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/41325

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Does ogr2ogr -overwrite truncate also the spatial index in GeoPackage?

jratike80

Hi,

That was the case, once I updated into recent trunk the error message disappeared.

-Jukka-