[gdal-dev] Document typo fix suggestion

jratike80

Hi,

There are 7 occasions of ”persitant” in the GDAL documentation but I do not know how to fix them into “persistent” simply with one pull request. Advice about how to do that appreciated but I won’t get angry if someone just makes the fix.

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/search?q=persitant&unscoped_q=persitant

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Document typo fix suggestion

Mateusz Loskot
Simply, submit pull request.

Mateusz Loskot, [hidden email]
(Sent from mobile)

On Mon, 27 May 2019, 22:34 Rahkonen Jukka (MML), <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

There are 7 occasions of ”persitant” in the GDAL documentation but I do not know how to fix them into “persistent” simply with one pull request. Advice about how to do that appreciated but I won’t get angry if someone just makes the fix.

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/search?q=persitant&unscoped_q=persitant

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Document typo fix suggestion

jratike80
Well, there is a shortcut button "Edit on GitHub" on every document page
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/jpeg2000.html. That't simple to use but it
creates a new branch for each edit. I was hoping to use that easy-edit
button for collecting all edits into one pull request. But I can do that in
my own fork.

-Jukka-

Mateusz Loskot wrote
> Simply, submit pull request.
>
> Mateusz Loskot,

> mateusz@

> (Sent from mobile)
>
> On Mon, 27 May 2019, 22:34 Rahkonen Jukka (MML), <

> jukka.rahkonen@

>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> There are 7 occasions of ”persitant” in the GDAL documentation but I do
>> not know how to fix them into “persistent” simply with one pull request.
>> Advice about how to do that appreciated but I won’t get angry if someone
>> just makes the fix.
>>

>> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/search?q=persitant&unscoped_q=persitant
>>

>> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Document typo fix suggestion

Mateusz Loskot
The button is for a single page edits only, I think.
Yes, it creates a new branch as that's GitHub convention or best practice to always submit new PR from a topic branch.
I'd recommended to work on patches in traditional way, locally.

On Mon, 27 May 2019, 22:59 jratike80, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, there is a shortcut button "Edit on GitHub" on every document page
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/jpeg2000.html. That't simple to use but it
creates a new branch for each edit. I was hoping to use that easy-edit
button for collecting all edits into one pull request. But I can do that in
my own fork.

-Jukka-

Mateusz Loskot wrote
> Simply, submit pull request.
>
> Mateusz Loskot,

> mateusz@

> (Sent from mobile)
>
> On Mon, 27 May 2019, 22:34 Rahkonen Jukka (MML), <

> jukka.rahkonen@

>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> There are 7 occasions of ”persitant” in the GDAL documentation but I do
>> not know how to fix them into “persistent” simply with one pull request.
>> Advice about how to do that appreciated but I won’t get angry if someone
>> just makes the fix.
>>

>> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/search?q=persitant&unscoped_q=persitant
>>

>> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Document typo fix suggestion

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
After you submit your pull request, go to your own fork and select newly created branch. Edit button in it will append changes to the pull request.

пн, 27 мая 2019, 1:59 PM карыстальнік jratike80 <[hidden email]> напісаў: