[gdal-dev] Default options for a format

Luke Roth
I know that a number of format-specific options can be set as environment variables so they don't have to be specified on the command line (TIFF_USE_OVR, GTIFF_IGNORE_READ_ERRORS).  Is there a way to set defaults for other format-specific dataset creation options (for geotiff, TILED=YES, COMPRESS=LZW, INTERLEAVE=BAND, etc.) this way?  I've set up batch scripts that call the command line utilities that I use the most with my standard set of options, but I was wondering if there was a more general way to handle this that other people have figured out.
Thanks!
Luke

Re: Default options for a format

Even Rouault-2
On mercredi 19 décembre 2018 11:22:00 CET Luke Roth wrote:

> I know that a number of format-specific options can be set as environment
> variables so they don't have to be specified on the command line
> (TIFF_USE_OVR, GTIFF_IGNORE_READ_ERRORS).  Is there a way to set defaults
> for other format-specific dataset creation options (for geotiff, TILED=YES,
> COMPRESS=LZW, INTERLEAVE=BAND, etc.) this way?  I've set up batch scripts
> that call the command line utilities that I use the most with my standard
> set of options, but I was wondering if there was a more general way to
> handle this that other people have figured out.
> Thanks!
> Luke

You may put any command line switch in a text file, and then use
--optfile your_file.txt to expand the content of your_file.txt

Even

http://www.spatialys.com