[gdal-dev] DXF dimension objects are interpreted wrong

[gdal-dev] DXF dimension objects are interpreted wrong

Nikolai Bezdna
Hi all!

DXF dimensions get wrong interpretation when read with OGR:
OGR attempts to always draw a vertical or horizontal arrow line, while DXF has a correct angle for it.
Attached is how it looks in AutoCAD and how it looks in QGIS after ogr2ogr to PostGIS format.

Re: DXF dimension objects are interpreted wrong

Alan Thomas
Hi Nikolai,

This issue looks to be addressed in a pull request I currently have
open (https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/257). Non-orthogonal
dimensions are rendered at the correct angle.

Alan

On 2 November 2017 at 11:11, Nikolai Bezdna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> DXF dimensions get wrong interpretation when read with OGR:
> OGR attempts to always draw a vertical or horizontal arrow line, while DXF
> has a correct angle for it.
> Attached is how it looks in AutoCAD and how it looks in QGIS after ogr2ogr
> to PostGIS format.
>
> AutoCAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aplj0cf2v2qoz3y/autocad.png?dl=0
> QGIS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvo8x32hgyl13np/qgis.png?dl=0

Alan Thomas